Joyce E Bono
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Personality and transformational and transactional leadership: a meta-analysisJoyce E Bono
Department of Psychology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
J Appl Psychol 89:901-10. 2004....
- Personality and emotional performance: extraversion, neuroticism, and self-monitoringJoyce E Bono
Department of Psychology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Occup Health Psychol 12:177-92. 2007..Overall, these data provide partial support for our personality congruency hypotheses and suggest that personality plays an important role in effective emotional performance...
- Workplace emotions: the role of supervision and leadershipJoyce E Bono
Department of Psychology, University of MinnesotaMinneapolis 55455, USA
J Appl Psychol 92:1357-67. 2007..The results also suggest that the effects of emotional regulation on stress are long lasting (up to 2 hr) and not easily reduced by leadership behaviors...
- The advice and influence networks of transformational leadersJoyce E Bono
Department of Psychology, University of Minnesota, 75 East River Road, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Appl Psychol 90:1306-14. 2005..These results illuminate one of the ways that managers who exhibit transformational leadership behaviors may exert influence in organizations...
- The role of personality in task and relationship conflictJoyce E Bono
Department of Management and Organizations, Henry B Tippie College of Business, University of Iowa, USA
J Pers 70:311-44. 2002..Finally, these studies provide confirmatory evidence that conflict attributions have a meaningful impact on relationship satisfaction...
- Are measures of self-esteem, neuroticism, locus of control, and generalized self-efficacy indicators of a common core construct?Timothy A Judge
Department of Management, Warrington College of Business, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611, USA
J Pers Soc Psychol 83:693-710. 2002..In light of these results, the authors suggest that measures purporting to assess self-esteem, locus of control, neuroticism, and generalized self-efficacy may be markers of the same higher order concept...
- Personality and leadership: a qualitative and quantitative reviewTimothy A Judge
Department of Management, Warrington College of Business, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611 7165, USA
J Appl Psychol 87:765-80. 2002..Overall, the five-factor model had a multiple correlation of .48 with leadership, indicating strong support for the leader trait perspective when traits are organized according to the five-factor model...
- Core self-evaluations and job and life satisfaction: the role of self-concordance and goal attainmentTimothy A Judge
Department of Management, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
J Appl Psychol 90:257-68. 2005..Furthermore, in both studies, goal self-concordance was related to satisfaction (job satisfaction in Study 1 and life satisfaction in Study 2)...