Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Southern California
- A transient placental source of serotonin for the fetal forebrainAlexandre Bonnin
Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute, Keck School of Medicine of USC, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
Nature 472:347-50. 2011....
- Fetal, maternal, and placental sources of serotonin and new implications for developmental programming of the brainA Bonnin
Silvio O Conte Neuroscience Research Center, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37221, USA
Neuroscience 197:1-7. 2011....
- The SSRI citalopram affects fetal thalamic axon responsiveness to netrin-1 in vitro independently of SERT antagonismAlexandre Bonnin
Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute and Department of Cell and Neurobiology, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 37:1879-84. 2012..By extension, (RS)-CIT and possibly other structurally similar SSRIs may have other off-target actions that can impact neural development and contribute to therapeutic efficacy or side effects...
- Placental serotonin: implications for the developmental effects of SSRIs and maternal depressionJuan C Velasquez
Department of Cell and Neurobiology, Keck School of Medicine, Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute, University of Southern California Los Angeles, CA, USA
Front Cell Neurosci 7:47. 2013..We review existing evidence on how antidepressants can alter placental physiology in its key function of maintaining fetal homeostasis and have long-term effects on fetal forebrain development...
- Ex vivo perfusion of mid-to-late-gestation mouse placenta for maternal-fetal interaction studies during pregnancyNick Goeden
Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Nat Protoc 8:66-74. 2013....
- Serotonin modulates the response of embryonic thalamocortical axons to netrin-1Alexandre Bonnin
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University, 465 21st Ave South, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Nat Neurosci 10:588-97. 2007..These data demonstrate that serotonergic signaling has a previously unrecognized role in the modulation of axonal responsiveness to a classic guidance cue...