Genomes and Genes
H L Bonkovsky
Affiliation: University of Massachusetts Medical Center
- Reduction of health-related quality of life in chronic hepatitis C and improvement with interferon therapy. The Consensus Interferon Study GroupH L Bonkovsky
Departments of Medicine, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, UMass Memorial Health Care and The University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Hepatology 29:264-70. 1999..Successful interferon therapy provides meaningful improvements in HRQOL in patients with chronic hepatitis C...
- Cloning, sequencing and expression of cDNA for chick liver haem oxygenase. Comparison of avian and mammalian cDNAs and deduced proteinsC O Evans
Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322
Biochem J 273:659-66. 1991..These results suggest that Cd-dependent induction of haem oxygenase is due to increased transcription of the gene or stabilization of its message...
- Molecular cloning, characterization, and expression of the chicken heme oxygenase-1 gene in transfected primary cultures of chick embryo liver cellsT H Lu
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester 01655, USA
Gene 207:177-86. 1998..In addition, such binding was increased by cobalt or sodium arsenite treatment...
- Purification and characterization of heme oxygenase from chick liver. Comparison of the avian and mammalian enzymesH L Bonkovsky
Department of Medicine, Winship Cancer Center, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322
Eur J Biochem 189:155-66. 1990..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- Hepatic heme and drug metabolism in rats with chronic mountain sicknessH L Bonkovsky
Am J Physiol 251:G467-74. 1986..Thus the oxygen-requiring processes of hepatic heme and drug metabolism were well maintained despite chronic profound hypoxia sufficient to cause cardiopulmonary complications...
- Fatal liver failure in protoporphyria. Synergism between ethanol excess and the genetic defectH L Bonkovsky
Gastroenterology 90:191-201. 1986..Our patient represents the 21st and oldest patient thus far reported to have died of liver failure complicating protoporphyria...
- Urea and hypertonicity increase expression of heme oxygenase-1 in murine renal medullary cellsW Tian
Division of Nephrology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 281:F983-91. 2001....