Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Direct expenditures related to otitis media diagnoses: extrapolations from a pediatric medicaid cohortJ Bondy
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Pediatrics 105:E72. 2000..Vaccines against respiratory pathogens causing otitis media are now being developed. Information about otitis media-related medical expenditures will be needed to determine the cost-effectiveness of these preventive interventions...
- Methods for using narrative text from injury reports to identify factors contributing to construction injuryJessica Bondy
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Am J Ind Med 48:373-80. 2005..Several methods exist for classifying injuries from written text, thereby identifying possible points of intervention. We describe an innovative method for such classification...
- Otitis media-related antibiotic prescribing patterns, outcomes, and expenditures in a pediatric medicaid populationS Berman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Pediatrics 100:585-92. 1997..However, only limited data are available on medical effectiveness of antibiotic prescribing patterns for otitis media and their associated expenditures or the factors that influence antibiotic prescribing...
- Contractor safety practices and injury rates in construction of the Denver International AirportJ E Glazner
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, USA
Am J Ind Med 35:175-85. 1999....
- Analysis of text from injury reports improves understanding of construction fallsHester J Lipscomb
Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Department of Community and Family Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Occup Environ Med 46:1166-73. 2004..Text analyses allow exploration of factors not identified at the time of data collection and better understanding of the context in which injuries occur...
- Factors contributing to construction injury at Denver International AirportJudith Glazner
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biometrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Am J Ind Med 47:27-36. 2005..Detailed information about factors contributing to construction injury is important to support design of safety programs directed at particular risks...
- Refining the focus of construction injury surveillanceJudith Glazner
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, USA
Med Lav 97:195-8. 2006....
- The relationship between gender and clinical management after exercise stress testingStacie L Daugherty
Division of Cardiology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Am Heart J 156:301-7. 2008..Controversy remains regarding whether gender differences exist in clinical management after exercise treadmill testing (ETT)...
- Injuries from slips and trips in constructionHester J Lipscomb
Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Department of Community and Family Medicine, Box 3834, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Appl Ergon 37:267-74. 2006..Due to the very dynamic nature of construction work, reducing slips and trips will require a focus on environmental and organizational solutions that evolve as the site changes and the construction project evolves...