Leif Erik Bohman
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- The survival impact of postoperative infection in patients with glioblastoma multiformeLeif Erik Bohman
Department of Neurological Surgery, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Neurosurgery 64:828-34; discussion 834-5. 2009..This association has not been explored in a larger series of patients with malignant glioma with postoperative infections...
- Medical management of compromised brain oxygen in patients with severe traumatic brain injuryLeif Erik Bohman
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pennsylvania, 3 Silverstein Pavilion, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neurocrit Care 14:361-9. 2011..How brain reduced PbtO(2) should be treated and its response to treatment is not clearly defined. We examined which medical therapies restore normal PbtO(2) in TBI patients...
- Comparison of endoscopic and microscopic removal of pituitary adenomas: single-surgeon experience and the learning curveBERT W O'MALLEY
Departments of Otorhinolaryngology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Neurosurg Focus 25:E10. 2008..They also attempted to determine the learning curve associated with a surgical team converting to endoscopic techniques...
- Response of brain oxygen to therapy correlates with long-term outcome after subarachnoid hemorrhageLeif Erik Bohman
Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 3 W Gates, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, USA
Neurocrit Care 19:320-8. 2013..The relationship between PbtO2-directed therapy and long-term outcome is unclear. We hypothesized that responsiveness to PbtO2-directed interventions is associated with outcome...
- Temporal dynamics of microparticle elevation following subarachnoid hemorrhageMatthew R Sanborn
Department of Neurosurgery, Institute for Environmental Medicine, Perelman School of Medicine at the Universityof Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurosurg 117:579-86. 2012..The authors sought to quantify the magnitude of elevations in MPs, delineate the temporal dynamics of elevation, and analyze the correlation between MPs and DCI in patients with SAH...
- Magnetic resonance imaging characteristics of glioblastoma multiforme: implications for understanding glioma ontogenyLeif Erik Bohman
Department of Neurological Surgery, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York, USA
Neurosurgery 67:1319-27; discussion 1327-8. 2010..However, conflicting evidence suggests that SVZ-like cells are not uniquely gliomagenic but this capacity may be shared by cycling progenitors distributed throughout the subcortical white matter (SCWM)...
- Endoscopic versus open resection of tuberculum sellae meningiomas: a decision analysisLeif Erik Bohman
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 74:255-63. 2012..Tuberculum sellae meningiomas (TSMs) are challenging tumors for surgical resection. Endoscopic endonasal (EE) approaches to these lesions have not been directly compared to open craniotomy in a controlled trial...
- Use of magnetic perfusion-weighted imaging to determine epidermal growth factor receptor variant III expression in glioblastomaElana S Tykocinski
Departments of Neurosurgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Neuro Oncol 14:613-23. 2012..This study demonstrates the potential to use rTBV, a MR-PWI-derived parameter, as a noninvasive surrogate of the EGFRvIII mutation...
- Selection of a rigid internal fixation construct for stabilization at the craniovertebral junction in pediatric patientsRichard C E Anderson
Department of Neurosurgery, Children s Hospital of New York, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosurg 107:36-42. 2007..The authors describe flow diagrams created to help clinicians determine which method of internal fixation to use in complex anatomical circumstances when bilateral transarticular screw placement is not possible...