Affiliation: University of California
- Selective targeting of lysosomal cysteine proteases with radiolabeled electrophilic substrate analogsM Bogyo
Departments of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Chem Biol 7:27-38. 2000..A high degree of homology between family members and overlap in substrate specificity have made elucidating individual protease function, expression and activity difficult...
- Global analysis of proteasomal substrate specificity using positional-scanning libraries of covalent inhibitorsT Nazif
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:2967-72. 2001..Finally, specificity profiles were used to design specific inhibitors of a single active site in the complex. These reagents can be used to further establish the role of each subunit in substrate processing by the proteasome...
- Defining a link between gap junction communication, proteolysis, and cataract formationA Baruch
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Biol Chem 276:28999-9006. 2001....
- Active site mapping, biochemical properties and subcellular localization of rhodesain, the major cysteine protease of Trypanosoma brucei rhodesienseC R Caffrey
Tropical Disease Research Unit, Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, VAMC, 4150 Clement Street-113B, San Francisco, CA 94121, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 118:61-73. 2001..S2 subsite mapping of rhodesain and cruzain with fluorogenic peptidyl substrates demonstrates that the presence of alanine rather than glutamate at S2 prevents rhodesain from cleaving substrates in which P2 is arginine...
- Proteasome inhibitors: complex tools for a complex enzymeM Bogyo
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, USA
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 268:185-208. 2002..It may only be a short while before the products of such research have safe application in a practical setting. Structural and combinatorial chemistry approaches are powerful techniques that will bring us closer to these goals...
- O-sulfonation of serine and threonine: mass spectrometric detection and characterization of a new posttranslational modification in diverse proteins throughout the eukaryotesK F Medzihradszky
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Mass Spectrometry Facility, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 3:429-40. 2004..These findings suggest that sulfonation of serine and threonine may be involved in multiple functions including protein assembly and signal transduction...