Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Hearing in Drosophila: development of Johnston's organ and emerging parallels to vertebrate ear developmentGrace Boekhoff-Falk
Department of Anatomy, University of Wisconsin Madison, Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Dev Dyn 232:550-8. 2005....
- Drosophila spalt/spalt-related mutants exhibit Townes-Brocks' syndrome phenotypesP D Si Dong
Department of Anatomy, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:10293-8. 2003..Electrophysiological analyses confirm that spalt/spalt-related mutant flies are deaf. These commonalities suggest that there is functional conservation for spalt genes between vertebrates and insects...
- Homeobox gene distal-less is required for neuronal differentiation and neurite outgrowth in the Drosophila olfactory systemJessica Plavicki
Neuroscience Training Program, Department of Anatomy, Cellular and Molecular Biology Training Program, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:1578-83. 2012..These are important examples of distal-less function in an invertebrate nervous system and demonstrate that the Drosophila larval olfactory system is a powerful model in which to understand distal-less functions during neurogenesis...
- Distal-less functions in subdividing the Drosophila thoracic limb primordiumReese A Bolinger
Department of Anatomy, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Dev Dyn 232:801-16. 2005..We propose that central cells of the primordium previously thought to contribute to the distal leg are Keilin's organ precursors, while both proximal and distal leg precursors are located more peripherally and within the escargot domain...
- PROXIMODISTAL AXIS AND TISSUE SPECIFIC GENE REGULATIONGrace Boekhoff Falk; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Expanding the utility of Drosophila as a model for hearing researchGrace Boekhoff Falk; Fiscal Year: 2007..In light of the emerging developmental genetic parallels between Drosophila and vertebrate auditory organ development, I anticipate that information generated by the proposed experiments also will be relevant to human hearing. ..