MICHAEL L BOEHNKE
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Association analyses of 249,796 individuals reveal 18 new loci associated with body mass indexElizabeth K Speliotes
Metabolism Initiative and Program in Medical and Population Genetics, Broad Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 42:937-48. 2010..Furthermore, genes in other newly associated loci may provide new insights into human body weight regulation...
- New genetic loci implicated in fasting glucose homeostasis and their impact on type 2 diabetes riskJosee Dupuis
Department of Biostatistics, Boston University School of Public Health, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 42:105-16. 2010....
- Accurate inference of relationships in sib-pair linkage studiesM Boehnke
Department of Biostatistics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 2029, USA
Am J Hum Genet 61:423-9. 1997..We compare our method to related methods of relationship inference that have been suggested. Finally, we demonstrate the value of excluding non-full sibs in a genetic linkage study of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus...
- Genetic association mapping based on discordant sib pairs: the discordant-alleles testM Boehnke
Department of Biostatistics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI USA
Am J Hum Genet 62:950-61. 1998..Finally, we discuss advantages and disadvantages of the DSP design for genetic association mapping...
- Lod scores for gene mapping in the presence of marker map uncertaintyH M Stringham
Department of Biostatistics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Genet Epidemiol 21:31-9. 2001....
- Modest evidence for linkage and possible confirmation of association between NOTCH4 and schizophrenia in a large Veterans Affairs Cooperative Study sampleA D Skol
Department of Biostatistics and Center for Statistical Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 118:8-15. 2003..The 8 and 13 repeat alleles were previously identified to be positively associated with schizophrenia by Wei and Hemmings [2000: Nat Genet 25:376-377] and Sklar et al. [2001: Nat Genet 28:126-128], respectively...
- The peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma2 Pro12A1a variant: association with type 2 diabetes and trait differencesJ A Douglas
Department of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109-2029, USA
Diabetes 50:886-90. 2001..033), systolic blood pressure (P = 0.021), and diastolic blood pressure (P = 0.045). These findings support a role for the PPAR-gamma2 Pro12Ala variant in the etiology of type 2 diabetes and the insulin resistance syndrome...
- Familiality of quantitative metabolic traits in Finnish families with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Finland-United States Investigation of NIDDM Genetics (FUSION) Study investigatorsR M Watanabe
University of Michigan, School of Public Health, Department of Biostatistics, Ann Arbor, Mich 48109 2029, USA
Hum Hered 49:159-68. 1999..We conclude that there is strong evidence for modest heritability of Minimal-Model-derived NIDDM-related quantitative traits in unaffected spouses and offspring of Finnish affected sibling pairs...
- Cosegregation of open-angle glaucoma and the nail-patella syndromeP R Lichter
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48105, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 124:506-15. 1997..To evaluate two families ascertained only for the presence of glaucoma in which both nail-patella syndrome and glaucoma occur in several generations and to determine whether the two diseases are genetically related...
- Localization of the homolog of a mouse craniofacial mutant to human chromosome 18q11 and evaluation of linkage to human CLP and CPOA J Griffith
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 48109, USA
Genomics 34:299-303. 1996..Obligatory recombinants were observed in 8 of the families, and negative lod scores from the other families indicated that these disorders are not linked to the chromosome 18 loci...
- Autosomal dominant nanophthalmos (NNO1) with high hyperopia and angle-closure glaucoma maps to chromosome 11M I Othman
Department of Opthalmology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Hum Genet 63:1411-8. 1998..A cloned copy of the gene will enable examination of the relationship, if any, between nanophthalmos and less severe forms of hyperopia and between nanophthalmos and other conditions in which angle-closure glaucoma is a feature...
- Variation in the resistin gene is associated with obesity and insulin-related phenotypes in Finnish subjectsK N Conneely
Department of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
Diabetologia 47:1782-8. 2004..The aim of this study was to analyse variants of the resistin gene for association with type 2 diabetes and related traits in a Finnish sample...
- Experimentally-derived haplotypes substantially increase the efficiency of linkage disequilibrium studiesJ A Douglas
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Nat Genet 28:361-4. 2001..We show that, particularly when phenotyping is expensive, conversion-based haplotyping can be more efficient and cost-effective than standard genotyping...
- Localization of the gene for ATP citrate lyase (ACLY) distal to gastrin(GAS) and proximal to D17S856 on chromosome 17q12-q21F J Couch
University of Michigan, Department of Internal Medicine, Ann Arbor
Genomics 21:444-6. 1994..1 by PCR on a panel of radiation hybrids. The radiation hybrid panel indicates that the most likely position of ACLY on 17q21.1 is between gastrin (GAS) and D17S856 at a distance of 170-290 kb from the GAS locus...
- Identifying Genes for Type 2 Diabetes: FUSIONMichael Boehnke; Fiscal Year: 2007..Methods developed and lessons learned in FUSION will also be useful in the study of other complex genetic diseases. ..
- Identifying Genes for Type 2 Diabetes: FUSIONMichael Boehnke; Fiscal Year: 2008..Methods developed and lessons learned in this study will be useful in the study of other complex genetic diseases. ..