B E Bleske
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- The effect of continuous infusion loop diuretics in patients with acute decompensated heart failure with hypoalbuminemiaBarry E Bleske
Department of Clinical and Social Administrative Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1065, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 18:334-7. 2013..Hypoalbuminemia is also seen in patients with acute decompensated heart failure (ADHF). However, the role of hypoalbuminemia on the effectiveness of continuous infusion diuretics in patients with ADHF is not known...
- The effect of pravastatin and atorvastatin on coenzyme Q10B E Bleske
College of Pharmacy, the General Clinical Research Center, The Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, and the University of Michigan Health Systems, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1065, USA
Am Heart J 142:E2. 2001..Studies suggest that 3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) reductase inhibitors reduce CoQ10 levels; however, no studies have directly compared HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors in a randomized crossover fashion...
- Neutral effect on markers of heart failure, inflammation, endothelial activation and function, and vagal tone after high-dose HMG-CoA reductase inhibition in non-diabetic patients with non-ischemic cardiomyopathy and average low-density lipoprotein levelBarry E Bleske
University of Michigan, College of Pharmacy, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1065, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:338-41. 2006....
- Guideline for the management of heart failure caused by systolic dysfunction: Part I. Guideline development, etiology and diagnosisW E Chavey
Department of Family Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, USA
Am Fam Physician 64:769-74. 2001..Part I describes the new paradigm of heart failure and offers guidance for diagnostic testing. Part II presents a treatment guideline...
- Controversies in the use of beta blockers in heart failureWilliam E Chavey
Department of Family Medicine, University of Michigan, Ypsilanti, MI 48198, USA
Congest Heart Fail 9:255-62. 2003....
- Food: an unrecognized source of loop diuretic resistanceRobert L Bard
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0356, USA
Pharmacotherapy 24:630-7. 2004..Additional studies are needed to help answer these questions. Until such data are available, the most conservative, effective clinical approach is to administer oral loop diuretics without food...
- Chlorthalidone reduces cardiovascular events compared with hydrochlorothiazide: a retrospective cohort analysisMichael P Dorsch
University of Michigan Health System, B2D301 SPC 5008, 1500 East Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5008, USA
Hypertension 57:689-94. 2011..When comparing both drugs, CTD reduces CVEs more than HCTZ, suggesting that CTD may be the preferred thiazide-type diuretic for hypertension in patients at high risk of CVEs...
- Pharmacologic management of heart failure caused by systolic dysfunctionWilliam E Chavey
Department of Family Medicine, University ofMichigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Am Fam Physician 77:957-64. 2008..Serum digoxin levels should not exceed 1.0 ng per mL (1.3 nmol per L), especially in women...
- Interaction study between digoxin and a preparation of hawthorn (Crataegus oxyacantha)Roberta Tankanow
University of Michigan College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan Health Systems, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 43:637-42. 2003..Following 3 weeks of concomitant therapy, hawthorn did not significantly alter the pharmacokinetic parameters for digoxin. This suggests that both hawthorn and digoxin, in the doses and dosage form studied, may be coadministered safely...
- 3-HMG-Coenzyme A reductase inhibition and extracellular matrix gene expression in the pressure-overloaded rat heartGeorgina M Cirrincione
Division of Kinesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109 2214, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 47:521-30. 2006..Inhibition of HMG-CoA reductase does not attenuate the pronounced aortic constriction-induced increases in the early expression of TGF-beta1, C1, and FN in this model of acute pressure overload of the rat heart...
- Guideline for the management of heart failure caused by systolic dysfunction: part II. TreatmentW E Chavey
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Am Fam Physician 64:1045-54. 2001..Diuretics and digoxin should be reserved, as needed, for symptomatic management of heart failure. Other treatments or treatment programs may be necessary in individual patients...
- Evaluation of immunomodulatory biomarkers in a pressure overload model of heart failureBarry E Bleske
College of Pharmacy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1065, USA
Pharmacotherapy 27:504-9. 2007..To characterize the immunomodulatory response in a pressure overload model of heart failure, and to further validate this animal model of human heart failure...
- Influence of metoprolol dosage release formulation on the pharmacokinetic drug interaction with paroxetineStephen M Stout
University of Michigan College of Pharmacy, 428 Church St, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1065, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 51:389-96. 2011..This could theoretically result in greater beta-blockade and lost cardioselectivity. The magnitude of the interaction was similar between metoprolol formulations, which may be attributable to low doses/drug input rates employed...
- Effects of hawthorn on cardiac remodeling and left ventricular dysfunction after 1 month of pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophy in ratsHyun Seok Hwang
Division of Kinesiology, Laboratory of Molecular Kinesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 22:19-28. 2008..The purpose was to determine the effects of hawthorn treatment on remodeling and function of the left ventricle (LV) after 1 month of pressure overload-induced cardiac hypertrophy...
- Effects of hawthorn on the progression of heart failure in a rat model of aortic constrictionHyun Seok Hwang
Division of Kinesiology, Laboratory of Molecular Kinesiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Pharmacotherapy 29:639-48. 2009..To determine the effects of hawthorn (Crataegus oxycantha) on left ventricular remodeling and function in pressure overload-induced heart failure in an animal model...
- Loading, pretreatment, and interindividual variability issues with clopidogrel dosingEric R Bates
Circulation 111:2557-9. 2005