Maria E Bleil
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Anger-related personality traits and carotid artery atherosclerosis in untreated hypertensive menMaria E Bleil
Behavioral Physiology Laboratory, Department of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, 4015 O Hara St, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Psychosom Med 66:633-9. 2004..To determine whether anger-related personality traits are associated with carotid artery atherosclerosis in untreated hypertensive patients...
- Apolipoprotein E polymorphism and preclinical carotid artery disease in untreated hypertensive menMaria E Bleil
Behavioral Physiology Laboratory, Department of Psychology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 13:98-100. 2006..The apolipoprotein E (apoE) polymorphism was evaluated alone, and in interaction with smoking status, in predicting carotid intima-medial thickness and plaque among 182 untreated, hypertensive, white men (mean age 56+/-8.9 years)...
- Is cardiovascular reactivity associated with atherosclerosis among hypertensives?Peter J Gianaros
Cardiovascular Behavioral Medicine Research Program, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Hypertension 40:742-7. 2002..Among hypertensives, exaggerated behaviorally evoked cardiovascular reactivity appears to be uniquely associated with greater carotid intima-media thickness but not with carotid plaque occurrence...
- Community socioeconomic status is associated with carotid artery atherosclerosis in untreated, hypertensive menKaren L Petersen
Behavioral Physiology Laboratory, Department of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 4015 O Hara Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15218, USA
Am J Hypertens 19:560-6. 2006..In this study we examined whether community SES is similarly associated with preclinical vascular disease, as measured by carotid artery ultrasonography...
- The socio-economic status of communities predicts variation in brain serotonergic responsivityStephen B Manuck
Behavioral Physiology Laboratory, Department of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Psychol Med 35:519-28. 2005..Here we examine whether serotonergic responsivity covaries similarly with the SES of communities, as indexed by US Census data in the same study sample...
- Trait negative affect: toward an integrated model of understanding psychological risk for impairment in cardiac autonomic functionMaria E Bleil
Department of Psychiatry, University of California San Francisco, 3333 California Street, Suite 465, San Francisco, CA 94143 0848, USA
Psychosom Med 70:328-37. 2008..g., autonomic nervous system [ANS] dysfunction), the degree to which a general tendency to experience negative emotions may account for these relations is not known...