Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Spectroscopically determined collagen Pyr/deH-DHLNL cross-link ratio and crystallinity indices differ markedly in recombinant congenic mice with divergent calculated bone tissue strengthRobert D Blank
Research Division, The Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, New York, USA
Connect Tissue Res 44:134-42. 2003..The data illustrate the importance of material properties in addition to mineral quantity to bone tissue strength...
- "Evidence-based" or "logic-based" medicine?R D Blank
Geriatrics Research, Education, and Clinical Center, William S Middleton Veterans Hospital, Madison, WI, USA
Osteoporos Int 21:1681-3. 2010..We therefore disagree with the notion that a densitometric threshold for treatment should be applied to patients over age 50 who suffer low trauma distal radius fracture...
- Lack of evidence of WNT3A as a candidate gene for congenital vertebral malformationsNader Ghebranious
University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin, USA and Geriatrics Research, Education, and Clinical Center, William S, Middleton Veterans Administration Medical Center, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Scoliosis 2:13. 2007..We hypothesized that WNT3A mutations might account for a subset of congenital vertebral malformations...
- Official Positions for FRAX® clinical regarding prior fractures from Joint Official Positions Development Conference of the International Society for Clinical Densitometry and International Osteoporosis Foundation on FRAX®Robert D Blank
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, USA
J Clin Densitom 14:205-11. 2011..Emerging topics for future research include fracture epidemiology in non-European populations and men, the impact of fractures in family members other than parents, and the genetic contribution to fracture risk...
- Patient variables impact lumbar spine dual energy X-ray absorptiometry precisionR D Blank
Osteoporosis Clinical Center and Research Program, University of Wisconsin, and GRECC, William S Middleton Veterans Hospital, Madison, WI, USA
Osteoporos Int 17:768-74. 2006..Changes in bone mineral density are used to monitor osteoporosis therapy. To determine whether a change in bone mass is clinically significant, the precision of bone mineral density measurements must be known...
- An atlas improves interobserver agreement regarding application of the ISCD vertebral body exclusion criteriaKaren E Hansen
Osteoporosis Research Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Clin Densitom 10:359-64. 2007..Furthermore, correlations in T-score improved in 7 of 10 physician pairs after atlas review. We conclude that an interactive atlas promotes uniform lumbar spine DXA interpretation...
- Dental phenotype of the col1a2(oim) mutation: DI is present in both homozygotes and heterozygotesGloria E Lopez Franco
Endocrinology Section, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Bone 36:1039-46. 2005..Our findings demonstrate that both oim/oim and oim/+ mice suffer from DI. The more severe incisor phenotype may reflect incisors' continuous growth...
- Interobserver reproducibility of criteria for vertebral body exclusionKaren E Hansen
Rheumatology Section, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, William S Middleton Veterans Hospital, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
J Bone Miner Res 20:501-8. 2005..Our results suggest that reproducibility may be improved by specifically addressing the sources of interobserver disagreement...
- Dual energy X ray absorptiometry of ex vivo HcB/Dem mouse long bones: left are denser than rightGloria E Lopez Franco
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, 600 Highland Ave, Madison, WI, 53792, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 76:26-31. 2005..These observations may represent the densitometric manifestation of behavioral and neuroanatomical lateralization in laboratory mice...
- Linkage mapping of femoral material properties in a reciprocal intercross of HcB-8 and HcB-23 recombinant mouse strainsNeema Saless
University of Wisconsin, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Bone 46:1251-9. 2010..Mapping QTLs for tissue-level biomechanical performance advances understanding of the genetic basis of bone quality...
- Quantitative trait loci for biomechanical performance and femoral geometry in an intercross of recombinant congenic mice: restriction of the Bmd7 candidate intervalNeema Saless
University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
FASEB J 23:2142-54. 2009....
- Accuracy and precision of PIXImus densitometry for ex vivo mouse long bones: comparison of technique and software versionGloria E Lopez Franco
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI 53792 5148, USA
J Clin Densitom 7:326-33. 2004..Our findings establish the limitations of ex vivo densitometry with the PIXImus and support our recommendation that investigators seek position artifacts in their instruments...
- Evaluation of SLC35A3 as a candidate gene for human vertebral malformationsNader Ghebranious
Molecular Diagnostics Genotyping Laboratory, Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield, Wisconsin, USA
Am J Med Genet A 140:1346-8. 2006
- DLL3 as a candidate gene for vertebral malformationsPhilip F Giampietro
Department of Medical Genetic Services, Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield, Wisconsin 54449, USA
Am J Med Genet A 140:2447-53. 2006....
- Congenital and idiopathic scoliosis: clinical and genetic aspectsPhilip F Giampietro
Medical Genetics Services, Marshfield Clinic, Marshfield, Wisconsin 54449, USA
Clin Med Res 1:125-36. 2003..Utilizing synteny analysis of the mouse and human genetic databases, likely candidate genes for human CS and IS were identified...
- Congenic Mouse Strains Harboring Bone Strength Quantitative Trait LociRobert Blank; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will confirm that the bone effects persist following the breeding program. We will perform additional genetic experiments to identify the responsible genes. ..
- Congenic Mouse Strains Harboring Bone Strength Quantitative Trait LociRobert D Blank; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will confirm that the bone effects persist following the breeding program. We will perform additional genetic experiments to identify the responsible genes. ..