Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- A randomized trial of a nursing intervention for HIV disease management among persons with serious mental illnessMichael B Blank
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 3309, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:1318-24. 2011..The objective of this study was to test the effectiveness of a community-based advanced practice nurse (APN) intervention (PATH, Preventing AIDS Through Health) to promote adherence to HIV and psychiatric treatment regimens...
- The first national scientific meeting of the Social and Behavioral Science Research NetworkMichael B Blank
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:S1-4. 2008
- Less is more: Virginia's Performance Outcomes Measurement SystemMichael B Blank
Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research, Univeristy of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
Psychiatr Serv 55:643-5. 2004
- Alternative mental health services: the role of the black church in the SouthMichael B Blank
Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research, University of Pennsylvania, 3535 Market Street, Suite 3020, Philadelphia, PA 19104 2648, USA
Am J Public Health 92:1668-72. 2002..This study determined the extent to which churches in the South were providing mental health and social services to congregations and had established linkages with formal systems of care...
- Case managers discovering what recovery means through an HIV prevention interventionJulie Tennille
School of Social Policy and Practice, University of Pennsylvania, 3815 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6214, USA
Community Ment Health J 46:486-93. 2010..Experimental case managers revealed that they had been transformed by the training experience in a manner permitting them to both understand and work from a recovery model. Implications and directions for further study are discussed...
- Revised cost estimates of Medicaid recipients with serious mental illness and HIV-AIDSAileen B Rothbard
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, 3535 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:974-7. 2009..The aim of this brief report is to provide accurate 1996 baseline cost estimates for persons with co-occurring HIV and serious mental illness by revising original figures previously reported by the authors...
- HIV and mental illness: opportunities for preventionMichael B Blank
University of Pennsylvania, USA
J Prev Interv Community 33:1-4. 2007
- Cost of treating seriously mentally ill persons with HIV following highly active retroviral therapy (HAART)Aileen B Rothbard
School of Social Policy and Practice, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Ment Health Policy Econ 12:187-94. 2009....
- Empirically supported treatments in rural community mental health centers: a preliminary report on current utilization and attitudes toward adoptionJohn Paul Jameson
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6196, USA
Community Ment Health J 45:463-7. 2009..These preliminary results suggest that rural CMHCs are open to the use of ESTs and should be included in widespread dissemination initiatives...
- If we build it, they might come: an empirical investigation of supply and demand in the recruitment of rural psychologistsJohn Paul Jameson
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6196, USA
J Clin Psychol 65:723-35. 2009..Results indicate that efforts to recruit psychologists to rural areas should be rethought, and increasing the visibility of available opportunities for psychologists should be made a priority...
- Previously undetected metabolic syndromes and infectious diseases among psychiatric inpatientsAileen B Rothbard
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:534-7. 2009..This study identified previously undetected metabolic and infectious disease among persons with serious mental illness who were admitted to psychiatric inpatient units...
- Sexually transmitted infection among adolescents receiving special education servicesDavid S Mandell
Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3535 Market St, 3rd Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Sch Health 78:382-8. 2008..To estimate the relative risk of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) among children identified as having learning disabilities through the special education system...
- Co-occurrence of HIV and serious mental illness among Medicaid recipientsMichael B Blank
Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research in the Department of Psychiatry of the School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, 3535 Market Street, Suite 3020, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 2641, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:868-73. 2002..The authors estimated the treated period prevalence of HIV infection in the Medicaid population and the rate of HIV infection among persons with serious mental illness in that population...
- Cost of care for Medicaid recipients with serious mental illness and HIV infection or AIDSAileen B Rothbard
Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research, University of Pennsylvania, 3535 Market Street, Room 3014, Philadelphia, PA 19104 2648, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:1240-6. 2003....
- Rapid assessment of existing HIV prevention programming in a community mental health centerPhyllis L Solomon
University of Pennsylvania, 3535 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Prev Interv Community 33:137-51. 2007..But overall, formalized training on HIV prevention by case managers is extremely rare. Case managers felt that other providers, such as doctors or nurses, were more appropriate to deliver an HIV prevention intervention...
- Trends in diagnosis rates for autism and ADHD at hospital discharge in the context of other psychiatric diagnosesDavid S Mandell
Center for Mental Health Policy and Services Research, University of Pennsylvania, 3535 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:56-62. 2005....
- Elicitation of cognitions related to HIV risk behaviors in persons with mental illnesses: implications for preventionJulie Tennille
University of Pennsylvania, Center for Mental Health Po licy and Services Research Psychiatry, School of Social Policy and Practice, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 33:32-7. 2009..This study explored HIV risk behaviors in persons with mental illnesses and introduces findings from focus groups conducted during the development phase of an HIV primary and secondary prevention intervention study...
- Diagnosis and treatment of depression and anxiety in rural and nonrural primary care: national survey resultsJohn Paul Jameson
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, 3720 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychiatr Serv 61:624-7. 2010..Data from the 2006 National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey were examined for differences in the diagnosis and treatment of depressive and anxiety disorders in rural and nonrural primary care settings...
- NPACT: enhancing programs of assertive community treatment for the seriously mentally illCatherine F Kane
University of Virginia School of Nursing, P O Box 800782, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Community Ment Health J 40:549-59. 2004..Conclusions: Enhancements for PACT using advanced practice nurses and consumer peer providers have the potential to address both health and mental health problems for the seriously mentally ill...
- The impact of mental health and substance abuse factors on HIV prevention and treatmentJames Walkup
Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research, and the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 90801, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:S15-9. 2008..This article describes a research agenda for beginning to understand the complex relations among MI, SA, and HIV and outlines a research agenda for the Social and Behavioral Science Research Network in these areas...
- Perceived facilitators and barriers to the implementation of an advanced practice: nursing intervention for HIV regimen adherence among the seriously mentally illAnn Kutney Lee
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing Center for Health Outcomes and Policy Research Room 325, 420 Guardian Drive, Philadelphia PA 19104, USA
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 13:626-8. 2006
- Responding to the threat of HIV among persons with mental illness and substance abuseCharles D Parry
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Research Unit, Medical Research Council, Tygerberg, South Africa
Curr Opin Psychiatry 20:235-41. 2007..It contains a review of the prevalence and consequences of dual/triple diagnosis, HIV risk behaviour and current HIV risk-reduction interventions among persons with dual diagnosis and interventions for triply diagnosed individuals...
- Use of video conferencing for psychiatric and forensic evaluationsFrances J Lexcen
Child Study and Treatment Center, Washington 98498, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:713-5. 2006..This study investigated whether the quality of results from video interviews is comparable with that of in-person interviews...
- Future directions for HIV prevention research: charting a prevention science research agendaRalph J Diclemente
Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:S47-8. 2008
- PS07-005 Multi-Site Rapid HIV Testing in Urban Community Mental Health SettingsMichael Blank; Fiscal Year: 2007..By sampling inpatients, CMHC outpatients, and ACT consumers, we capture overwhelmingly the three predominant modalities of delivery mental health service delivery in the United States (Mental Health United States, 2002). ..
- HIV Prevention Program among Substance Abusing Serious Mental IllnessMichael Blank; Fiscal Year: 2007..Breathalyzer and urine tests at 12-months will supplement self-reports of use of alcohol, cocaine, marijuana, benzodiazapines, and opiates. ..
- Nursing Intervention for HIV Regimen Adherence among Serious Mental IllnessMichael Blank; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..