Daniel G Blanchard
Affiliation: University of California
- Utility of right ventricular Tei index in the noninvasive evaluation of chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension before and after pulmonary thromboendarterectomyDaniel G Blanchard
Division of Cardiology, University of California San Diego School of Medicine and UCSD Medical Center San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 2:143-9. 2009....
- Noninvasive assessment of pulmonary vascular resistance using Doppler tissue imaging of the tricuspid annulusSwaminatha V Gurudevan
Division of Cardiology, University of California Irvine School of Medicine, Irvine, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:1167-71. 2007..We undertook this study to determine whether Doppler tissue imaging of the tricuspid annulus could be used to assess PAP and PVR noninvasively...
- Abnormal left ventricular diastolic filling in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension: true diastolic dysfunction or left ventricular underfilling?Swaminatha V Gurudevan
Division of Cardiology, University of California Irvine School of Medicine, Irvine, California, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:1334-9. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate the cause of abnormal left ventricular (LV) Doppler diastolic filling characteristics in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension (CTEPH)...
- Left ventricular strain and strain rate by 2D speckle tracking in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension before and after pulmonary thromboendarterectomyNicholas Olson
Division of Cardiology, University of California San Diego Medical Center, 200 W Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 8:43. 2010....
- Does lowering pulmonary arterial pressure eliminate severe functional tricuspid regurgitation? Insights from pulmonary thromboendarterectomyH Mehrdad Sadeghi
Division of Cardiology, University of California San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, California, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:126-32. 2004..Because pulmonary thromboendarterectomy (PTE) can result in an immediate reduction in pulmonary artery (PA) pressure, we sought to evaluate the effect of PTE on severe tricuspid regurgitation (TR) without tricuspid annuloplasty...
- Correlation of left ventricular diastolic filling characteristics with right ventricular overload and pulmonary artery pressure in chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertensionEhtisham Mahmud
Division of Cardiology, School of Medicine, University of California-San Diego, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103-8411, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:318-24. 2002..Moreover, E/A varies inversely with mPAP and directly with CO. Following PTE, E/A >1.5 correlates with the absence of severe pulmonary hypertension (mPAP >35 mm Hg) and the presence of normal cardiac output (> 5.0 l/m)...
- Usefulness of compensatory hyperkinesis in the noninfarcted left ventricular wall in separating single from multivessel coronary artery disease in patients with initial ST-elevation acute myocardial infarctionSwaminatha V Gurudevan
Division of Cardiology, University of California San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego, California 92103-8411, USA
Am J Cardiol 93:201-3. 2004..Compensatory hyperkinesis, which we defined as a fractional thickening of >/=60% in the contralateral wall, was a strong predictor of single-vessel coronary artery disease, with a positive predictive value of 85%...
- Assessment of diastolic function with Doppler tissue imaging after cardiac surgery: effect of the "postoperative septum" in on-pump and off-pump proceduresPhilip J Malouf
Division of Cardiology, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, California 92103-8411, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 19:464-7. 2006..Measuring lateral segment velocity is recommended for diastolic DTI after cardiopulmonary bypass, as septal DTI may incorrectly suggest diastolic dysfunction...
- The dilated coronary sinus: utility of coronary sinus cross-sectional area and eccentricity index in differentiating right atrial pressure overload from persistent left superior vena cavaBrian C Kolski
Division of Cardiology, UCSD School of Medicine and UCSD Medical Center, San Diego, California, USA
Echocardiography 28:829-32. 2011..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the usefulness of coronary sinus cross-sectional area (CSA) and eccentricity index (EI) in differentiating persistent LSVC from right heart overload and RAPO in patients with dilated CS...
- Echocardiography in pulmonary vascular diseaseLori B Daniels
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
Cardiol Clin 22:383-99, vi. 2004..This article presents an overview of the current uses of echocardiography in pulmonary vascular disease and pulmonary hypertension...
- Atrial fibrillation: diagnosis and treatmentCecilia Gutierrez
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Am Fam Physician 83:61-8. 2011..Referral to a cardiologist is warranted in patients who have complex cardiac disease; who are symptomatic on or unable to tolerate pharmacologic rate control; or who may be candidates for ablation or surgical interventions...
- Elongated eustachian valve dividing the right atriumDylan E Wessman
Department of Cardiology, Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, CA 92134 3303, USA
Echocardiography 28:E53-5. 2011..The contrast material also crossed the interatrial septum within two cardiac cycles. This constellation of findings is consistent with an elongated eustachian valve and a patent foramen ovale...
- Severe ostial saphenous vein graft disease leading to acute coronary syndromes following proximal aorto-saphenous anastomoses with the symmetry bypass connector device: is it a suture device or a "stent"?Jeffrey J Cavendish
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:133-9. 2004..Dual antiplatelet agents, evaluation for ischemia, and close follow-up are warranted in patients that have already received the device...
- Diastolic heart failure: challenges of diagnosis and treatmentCecilia Gutierrez
Department of Family Medicine and Preventive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Am Fam Physician 69:2609-16. 2004..The outcomes of ongoing clinical trials may provide much-needed information to move from intuitive treatment to therapy based on evidence that matters: decreased morbidity and mortality and improved quality of life...
- Echocardiographic assessment of the accuracy of computed tomography in the diagnosis of hemodynamically significant pericardial effusionsBrian C Kolski
Division of Cardiology, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine and UCSD Medical Center, San Diego, California, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 21:377-9. 2008..Few data are available, however, regarding the accuracy of CT in the diagnosis of cardiac tamponade...