Emma Robertson Blackmore
Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Major depressive episodes and work stress: results from a national population surveyEmma Robertson Blackmore
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14462 8409, USA
Am J Public Health 97:2088-93. 2007..We determined the proportion of workers meeting criteria for major depressive episodes in the past year and examined the association between psychosocial work-stress variables and these episodes...
- Psychosocial and clinical correlates of suicidal acts: results from a national population surveyEmma Robertson Blackmore
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Centre, Rochester, NY 14642 8409, USA
Br J Psychiatry 192:279-84. 2008..Clinical samples have identified a number of psychosocial risk factors for suicidal acts but it is unclear if these findings relate to the general population...
- Previous prenatal loss as a predictor of perinatal depression and anxietyEmma Robertson Blackmore
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, New York, NY 14642 8409, USA
Br J Psychiatry 198:373-8. 2011..Prenatal loss, the death of a fetus/child through miscarriage or stillbirth, is associated with significant depression and anxiety, particularly in a subsequent pregnancy...
- Psychiatric symptoms and proinflammatory cytokines in pregnancyEmma Robertson Blackmore
Departments of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, 300 Crittenden Blvd, Rochester, NY 14642 8409, USA
Psychosom Med 73:656-63. 2011..Such a link may be especially significant in pregnancy and may shed additional light on the etiology of perinatal mood disorders...
- Prenatal mood disturbance predicts sleep problems in infancy and toddlerhoodThomas G O'Connor
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Center, 300 Crittenden Blvd, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Early Hum Dev 83:451-8. 2007..Experimental animal data link prenatal stress with sleep disturbance in offspring, but the link in humans is unclear...
- Work characteristics and social phobia in a nationally representative employed sampleStephen A Stansfield
Centre for Psychiatry, Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, England
Can J Psychiatry 53:371-6. 2008..Environmental and genetic influences may be important in etiology and persistence. This is the first study to examine the association of work characteristics with social phobia in a representative nationally employed population...
- The role of depression and chronic pain conditions in absenteeism: results from a national epidemiologic surveySarah E P Munce
Women s Health Program, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Occup Environ Med 49:1206-11. 2007..This study examined whether depression is associated with absenteeism in a sample of individuals with chronic pain...
- Perinatal depression, proinflammatory cytokines and adverse obstetric outcomesEMMA ROBERTSON BLACKMORE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Examining the link between cytokine levels, depression and obstetric outcomes may help to identify women at higher risk of adverse psychological and pregnancy outcomes. ..