D P Blackall
Affiliation: University of California
- Polyethylene glycol-coated red blood cells fail to bind glycophorin A-specific antibodies and are impervious to invasion by the Plasmodium falciparum malaria parasiteD P Blackall
Department of Pathology, University of Tennessee, Memphis, USA
Blood 97:551-6. 2001..This may provide a means to prevent alloimmunization in the setting of RBC transfusion and suggests a novel method to enhance the effectiveness of exchange transfusion for the treatment of cerebral malaria...
- In utero development of a warm-reactive autoantibody in a severely jaundiced neonateDouglas P Blackall
Department of Pathology, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, and the Blood Bank of The Regional Medical Center at Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Transfusion 42:44-7. 2002..The fetus and neonate are widely considered to be immunologically immature. However, there are rare case reports of RBC alloantibody and autoantibody development...
- Warm reactive autoantibodies: clinical and serologic correlationsChristine A Wheeler
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 122:680-5. 2004..In patients with hemolysis, 21 (72%) of 29 had a DAT reactive for C3. These findings may be useful in determining the clinical significance of warm autoantibodies and the extent to which patients should be followed up for hemolysis...
- Leukocyte reduction reduces the rate of febrile nonhemolytic transfusion reactions to platelets and red blood cellsDouglas P Blackall
Curr Hematol Rep 3:435-6. 2004
- Contemporaneous autoantibodies and alloantibodiesDouglas P Blackall
Transfusion 47:1332. 2007
- Warm-reactive autoantibodies in pediatric patients: clinical and serologic correlationsDouglas P Blackall
Department of Pathology, UAMS College of Medicine, Little Rock, AR, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 29:792-6. 2007..These findings may be useful in predicting the clinical significance of warm-reactive autoantibodies in pediatric patients and allow for more efficient and effective follow-up care...
- Multiple alloantibodies after transfusion in an infant treated with infliximabLisa N Tyler
N Engl J Med 357:2092-3; discussion 2093. 2007