Affiliation: University of Nevada
- Ditch the pinch: Bilateral exposure injuries during subcutaneous injectionLisa Black
Orvis School of Nursing University of Nevada, Reno, Reno, NV Electronic address
Am J Infect Control 41:815-9. 2013..Subcutaneous injection into an elevated skin fold poses a risk of "bilateral exposure" injury whereby the needle pierces the opposite side of a skin fold and subsequently enters the tissue of the health care worker (HCW)...
- Chinks in the armor: percutaneous injuries from hollow bore safety-engineered sharps devicesLisa Black
University of Nevada, Reno, Reno, NV, USA
Am J Infect Control 41:427-32. 2013..Although the fraction of injuries from SESDs is less than that reported for nonsafety devices, it remains a "preventable fraction" and is a sizable target for further advances...
- Chinks in the armor: activation patterns of hollow-bore safety-engineered sharp devicesLisa Black
University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 33:842-4. 2012..Injury rates and safety device activation rates differed by healthcare provider type. Approximately 22.8%-32% of injuries could have been prevented had an available safety feature been activated after use...
- Nurses working outside of nursing: societal trend or workplace crisis?Lisa Black
University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada 89557 0134, USA
Policy Polit Nurs Pract 9:143-57. 2008..These findings suggest that policy and employer remedies are needed to improve the nursing workplace...
- Tragedy into policy: a quantitative study of nurses' attitudes toward patient advocacy activitiesLisa M Black
Orvis School of Nursing, University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada, USA
Am J Nurs 111:26-35; quiz 36-7. 2011..This article presents the study findings and reviews how one public health tragedy led to the creation of effective health care policy...
- Nurses who do not nurse: factors that predict non-nursing work in the U.S. registered nursing labor marketLisa Black
Orvis School of Nursing, University of Nevada Reno, Reno, NV, USA
Nurs Econ 28:245-54. 2010....