Affiliation: University of California
- Food insecurity, processes of care, and self-reported medication underuse in patients with type 2 diabetes: results from the California Health Interview SurveyJohn Billimek
Division of General Internal Medicine and Primary Care and Health Policy Research Institute, University of California, Irvine, CA 92617, USA
Health Serv Res 47:2159-68. 2012..To assess the independent association of food insecurity with processes of care and delays in filling prescriptions...
- Self-reported neighborhood safety and nonadherence to treatment regimens among patients with type 2 diabetesJohn Billimek
Health Policy Research Institute, Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, 100 Theory, Suite 110, Irvine, CA 92697 5800, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:292-6. 2012....
- Reducing racial/ethnic disparities in diabetes: the Coached Care (R2D2C2) projectSherrie H Kaplan
Health Policy Research Institute and Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, 100 Theory Suite 110, Irvine, CA, 92697, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:1340-9. 2013..Despite numerous efforts to change healthcare delivery, the profile of disparities in diabetes care and outcomes has not changed substantially over the past decade...
- Who can respond to treatment? Identifying patient characteristics related to heterogeneity of treatment effectsSherrie H Kaplan
Health Policy Research Institute, Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Med Care 48:S9-16. 2010..Interest in comparative effectiveness research and the rising number of negative or "small effect" trials have stimulated research into differential response to treatment among subgroups of patients...
- Consideration of comorbidity in risk stratification prior to prostate biopsyMichael A Liss
Department of Urology, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, California, USA
Cancer 119:2413-8. 2013..In the current study, the authors used these assessments to determine comorbidity and prognosis before prostate biopsy and the subsequent diagnosis of prostate cancer to identify those patients least likely to benefit from treatment...
- Patient complexity and risk factor control among multimorbid patients with type 2 diabetes: results from the R2D2C2 studyShaista Malik
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Med Care 51:180-5. 2013..Among patients with type 2 diabetes, it is not known whether risk factor control is better or worse for those who also have heart disease, depression, multiple other comorbidities, and associated management challenges...
- The effects of financial pressures on adherence and glucose control among racial/ethnically diverse patients with diabetesQuyen Ngo-Metzger
Division of General Internal Medicine and Primary Care and Health Policy Research Institute, University of California Irvine, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:432-7. 2012..The Affordable Care Act is designed to decrease the numbers of uninsured patients in U.S. However, even with insurance, patients who have financial hardships may have difficulty obtaining their medications because of cost issues...
- Underdiagnosed and undertreated depression among racially/ethnically diverse patients with type 2 diabetesDara H Sorkin
Division of General Internal Medicine and Primary Care and Health Policy Research Institute, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
Diabetes Care 34:598-600. 2011..To examine racial/ethnic differences in the prevalence of depressive symptoms and in provider recognition of depression among Latino, Asian, and non-Hispanic white patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Dietary behaviors of a racially and ethnically diverse sample of overweight and obese CaliforniansDara H Sorkin
University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA, USA
Health Educ Behav 39:737-44. 2012..To examine racial/ethnic differences in the dietary behaviors of overweight or obese adults using the 2007 California Health Interview Survey...
- Predicting changes in older adults' interpersonal control strivingsDara H Sorkin
Health Policy Research Institute, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 5800, USA
Int J Aging Hum Dev 69:159-80. 2009..Features of the social environment, therefore, may interact with personal resources to influence interpersonal control strivings in later life...
- Comorbidity affects the relationship between glycemic control and cardiovascular outcomes in diabetes: a cohort studySheldon Greenfield
University of California Irvine, Irvine, California, USA
Ann Intern Med 151:854-60. 2009..Recent studies have shown mixed results regarding the effectiveness of intensive glucose-lowering therapy in reducing risk for cardiovascular events...