Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- X-Linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein expression level in colorectal cancer is regulated by hepatocyte growth factor/C-met pathway via Akt signalingHiroya Takeuchi
Department of Molecular Oncology, Gastrointestinal Section, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:7621-8. 2005..We hypothesized that the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) activation in colorectal cancer via c-Met receptor regulates IAP proteins through Akt signaling...
- Surgical quality and nodal ultrastaging is associated with long-term disease-free survival in early colorectal cancer: an analysis of 2 international multicenter prospective trialsAnton Bilchik
California Oncology Research Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90404, USA
Ann Surg 252:467-74; discussion 474-6. 2010..The prognostic value of ultrastaging hematoxylin and eosin (H&E) negative LNs (N0) using pan-cytokeratin immunohistochemistry (pan-CK-IHC) is unknown...
- Adjuvant treatment of early colon cancer with micrometastases: results of a national surveyScott S Short
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Surg Oncol 106:119-22. 2012..Optimal adjuvant treatment for patients with Stage I/II colon cancer with micrometastases (MM) is unknown. Because there is no known adjuvant treatment-related benefit, we evaluated whether MM influenced treatment decisions...
- The prognostic effect of micrometastases in previously staged lymph node negative (N0) colorectal carcinoma: a meta-analysisDouglas Iddings
Department of Surgical Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute at Saint John s Health Center, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 13:1386-92. 2006..To determine the prognostic significance of micrometastases in colorectal cancer, a meta-analysis was performed on all studies, which reported 3-year disease-free survival (DFS) and overall survival (OS)...
- Association of angiogenesis markers with lymph node metastasis in early colorectal cancerDouglas M Iddings
Department of Surgical Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute, 2200 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
Arch Surg 142:738-44; discussion 744-5. 2007..We hypothesized that p53 mutations (mp53) are associated with decreased expression of thrombospondin 1 (TSP-1) and that decreased TSP-1 expression is associated with lymph node metastases...
- Quantitative analysis of methylation of genomic loci in early-stage rectal cancer predicts distant recurrenceMichiel F G de Maat
Department of Molecular Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute, 2200 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2327-35. 2008..We then explored in a different clinical patient group whether these epigenetic changes could be correlated with clinical outcome...
- Lymph node ratio as a quality and prognostic indicator in stage III colon cancerSteven L Chen
Department of Surgery, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Ann Surg 253:82-7. 2011..Similarly, the number of resected/evaluated nodes impacts staging accuracy. This ratio of metastatic to examined nodes or lymph node ratio (LNR) may have independent prognostic value in colon carcinoma...
- Ultrastaging of Early Colon CancerAnton Bilchik; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Lymphatic Mapping and Sentinel Node ANALYSISAnton Bilchik; Fiscal Year: 2004..This proposed approach may ultimately improve the selection of patients for adjuvant therapy following resection of early-stage colon cancer. ..
- Ultrastaging of Early Colon CancerAnton J Bilchik; Fiscal Year: 2010....