Kenneth C Bilchick
Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Impact of mechanical activation, scar, and electrical timing on cardiac resynchronization therapy response and clinical outcomesKenneth C Bilchick
Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Division, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia Electronic address
J Am Coll Cardiol 63:1657-66. 2014....
- Prediction of mortality in clinical practice for medicare patients undergoing defibrillator implantation for primary prevention of sudden cardiac deathKenneth C Bilchick
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 229808, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 60:1647-55. 2012..The aim of this study was to derive and validate a practical risk model to predict death within 4 years of primary prevention implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) implantation...
- Prevalence and distribution of regional scar in dysfunctional myocardial segments in Duchenne muscular dystrophyKenneth C Bilchick
Department of Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 13:20. 2011....
- Bundle-branch block morphology and other predictors of outcome after cardiac resynchronization therapy in Medicare patientsKenneth C Bilchick
Departments of Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, PO Box 800158, Charlottesville, VA 22901, USA
Circulation 122:2022-30. 2010..Analysis of population-based outcomes provides a method to identify real-world predictors of CRT outcomes...
- Postprocedure mapping of cardiac resynchronization lead position using standard fluoroscopy systems: implications for the nonresponder with scarKatherine M Parker
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 37:757-67. 2014..The relationship between cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT), left ventricular (LV) lead position, scar, and regional mechanical function influences CRT response...
- MR cine DENSE dyssynchrony parameters for the evaluation of heart failure: comparison with myocardial tissue taggingLoren P Budge
Department of Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 5:789-97. 2012....
- Usefulness of pharmacologic conversion of atrial fibrillation during dofetilide loading without the need for electrical cardioversion to predict durable response to therapyRohit Malhotra
Department of Medicine, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia Electronic address
Am J Cardiol 113:475-9. 2014..In conclusion, PC during in-hospital dofetilide loading is an important predictor of durable response even in long-standing persistent patients, which has important public health implications for choice of therapy. ..
- Cardiac magnetic resonance assessment of dyssynchrony and myocardial scar predicts function class improvement following cardiac resynchronization therapyKenneth C Bilchick
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 1:561-8. 2008....
- Initial experience of sequential surgical epicardial-catheter endocardial ablation for persistent and long-standing persistent atrial fibrillation with long-term follow-upSrijoy Mahapatra
Department of Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0679, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 91:1890-8. 2011..We sought to determine if minimally-invasive surgical ablation, followed by catheter ablation of all inducible flutters, would improve success rates over repeat catheter ablation alone...
- Computed tomography image-guided catheter ablation of a focal atrial tachycardia from the noncoronary sinus of ValsalvaJoseph E Marine
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 0409, USA
Heart Rhythm 4:1582. 2007
- Sonication of explanted cardiac rhythm management devices for the diagnosis of pocket infections and asymptomatic bacterial colonizationPamela K Mason
University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 34:143-9. 2011..The purpose of this study was to determine the value of ultrasonication of explanted generators in the diagnosis of pocket infections and asymptomatic bacterial colonization...
- Prognostic value of heart rate variability in chronic congestive heart failure (Veterans Affairs' Survival Trial of Antiarrhythmic Therapy in Congestive Heart Failure)Kenneth C Bilchick
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Cardiol 90:24-8. 2002..3 ms had a significantly increased risk of sudden death (p = 0.016). Thus, HRV was the sole independent predictor of overall mortality and was significantly associated with sudden death in this population...
- Circumferential ablation with pulmonary vein isolation in permanent atrial fibrillationAamir Cheema
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Cardiol 99:1425-8. 2007..In conclusion, study results suggest that circumferential ablation with PV isolation has moderate efficacy in patients with permanent AF. Efficacy is limited in those in continuous AF for >12 months...
- Differential regional gene expression from cardiac dyssynchrony induced by chronic right ventricular free wall pacing in the mouseKenneth C Bilchick
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Physiol Genomics 26:109-15. 2006..Such analysis using a murine implantable pacemaker should facilitate molecular studies of cardiac dyssynchrony and help elucidate novel mechanisms by which stress/stretch stimuli due to dyssynchrony impact the normal and failing heart...