Genomes and Genes
W H Biggs
Affiliation: University of California
- Protein kinase B/Akt-mediated phosphorylation promotes nuclear exclusion of the winged helix transcription factor FKHR1W H Biggs
The Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0660, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:7421-6. 1999..These results indicate that phosphorylation by PKB/Akt negatively regulates FKHR1 by promoting export from the nucleus...
- Identification and characterization of members of the FKHR (FOX O) subclass of winged-helix transcription factors in the mouseW H Biggs
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, San Diego Branch, La Jolla, California 92093 0660, USA
Mamm Genome 12:416-25. 2001..Further characterization will provide insight into the roles of members of the FKHR subfamily of forkhead-related genes during both normal and neoplastic development...
- Primary structure, expression, and signal-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation of a Drosophila homolog of extracellular signal-regulated kinaseW H Biggs
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, Los Angeles 90024
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:6295-9. 1992..Biochemical and histological studies reveal its expression in the eye imaginal disc. These studies provide a first step in a genetic analysis of ERK function...
- A gain-of-function mutation in Drosophila MAP kinase activates multiple receptor tyrosine kinase signaling pathwaysD Brunner
Zoologisches Institut, Universitat Zurich, Switzerland
Cell 76:875-88. 1994..Activation of MAP kinase by the rlSem mutation is both necessary and sufficient to activate multiple signaling pathways controlled by receptor tyrosine kinases...
- The Drosophila rolled locus encodes a MAP kinase required in the sevenless signal transduction pathwayW H Biggs
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, UCLA School of Medicine
EMBO J 13:1628-35. 1994..In this report we present evidence that a Drosophila MAP kinase, ERK-A, is encoded by the rolled locus and is required downstream of raf in the Sev signal transduction pathway...