Scott W Biggins
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Differential effects of donor and recipient IL28B and DDX58 SNPs on severity of HCV after liver transplantationScott W Biggins
University of Colorado Denver, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Aurora, CO 80045, United States
J Hepatol 58:969-76. 2013..We aimed at evaluating the associations of donor and recipient IL28B (rs12979860 and rs8099917) and DDX58 (rs10813831) genotypes with severity of HCV recurrence after liver transplantation...
- Projected future increase in aging hepatitis C virus-infected liver transplant candidates: a potential effect of hepatocellular carcinomaScott W Biggins
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Liver Transpl 18:1471-8. 2012..During the coming decade, the projected increase in the demand for LT from an aging HCV-infected population will challenge the transplant community to reconsider current treatment paradigms...
- Reduced effectiveness of standard recruitment for deceased organ donor registration: the need for population-specific recruitment materialsPatricia Zheng
Division of Gastroenterology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Dig Dis Sci 56:1535-41. 2011..Transplant candidate caregivers are an under-utilized but potentially devoted pool of advocates who themselves may be recruited to register for deceased organ donation...
- MELD-based liver allocation: who is underserved?Scott W Biggins
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Semin Liver Dis 26:211-20. 2006..Such patients may be underserved by current MELD policies. This article reviews the development of MELD and the MELD-based liver allocation system and addresses issues relevant to whether this system may be improved...
- Hyponatremia and mortality among patients on the liver-transplant waiting listW Ray Kim
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
N Engl J Med 359:1018-26. 2008..Under the current liver-transplantation policy, donor organs are offered to patients with the highest risk of death...
- Moderate ascites identifies patients with low model for end-stage liver disease scores awaiting liver transplantation who have a high mortality riskMa Somsouk
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Liver Transpl 17:129-36. 2011..Under the MELD system, the presence of moderate ascites should prompt clinicians to consider strategies to expand access to transplantation, such as the use of extended donor liver grafts...
- Differential effects of plasma and red blood cell transfusions on acute lung injury and infection risk following liver transplantationAlexander B Benson
Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Liver Transpl 17:149-58. 2011..Plasma-containing blood products were associated with the development of TRALI, whereas red blood cells were associated with the development of postoperative infections in a dose-dependent manner...
- Stage of cirrhosis predicts the risk of liver-related death in patients with low Model for End-Stage Liver Disease scores and cirrhosis awaiting liver transplantationJoel Wedd
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO
Liver Transpl 20:1193-201. 2014..In conclusion, assessing the cirrhosis stage in patients with low MELD scores awaiting LT may help to select candidates for more aggressive monitoring or for living or extended criteria donation...
- Risk factors associated with acute heart failure during liver transplant surgery: a case control studyM Susan Mandell
1 Department of Anesthesiology, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO 2Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO 3 Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO 4 Division of Transplant Surgery, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO
Transplantation 99:873-8. 2015..Little is known about the clinical course or predictive variables. Our aims were to provide a detailed clinical description and conduct a systematic search for characteristics associated with intraoperative HF...