Samar K Bhowmick
Affiliation: University of South Alabama
- Sexual precocity in a 16-month-old boy induced by indirect topical exposure to testosteroneSamar K Bhowmick
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, University of South Alabama, College ofMedicine, Mobile, AL 36617-2297, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 46:540-3. 2007
- Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus in 2 male African American children after Kawasaki diseaseSamar K Bhowmick
Section of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama 36617 7722, USA
Pediatrics 110:e27. 2002..Occurrence of IDDM after KD is rare; we could find no such reports in the English literature. The cause of diabetes in these 2 patients remains elusive, as does the cause of KD...
- Severe hypernatremia and hyperosmolality exacerbated by an herbal preparation in a patient with diabetic ketoacidosisSamar K Bhowmick
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, University of South Alabama Medical Center, Mobile, Alabama 36617 2297, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 46:831-4. 2007..A literature review is presented and possible mechanism of hypernatremia caused by this herbal preparation is discussed...
- The prevalence of elevated serum thyroid-stimulating hormone in childhood/adolescent obesity and of autoimmune thyroid diseases in a subgroupSamar K Bhowmick
Division of Endocrine and Metabolic Disease, University of South Alabama College of Medicine, 2451 Fillingim St, Suite 212, Mobile, AL 36617 2293, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 99:773-6. 2007....
- Hyperosmolar hyperglycemic crisis: an acute life-threatening event in children and adolescents with type 2 diabetes mellitusSamar K Bhowmick
Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Division of Endocrine and Metabolic Disease, University of South Alabama College of Medicine, Mobile, AL 36617-2297, USA
Endocr Pract 11:23-9. 2005..Mortality and morbidity are high in this group of patients, and a high index of suspicion and awareness of this condition by physicians are warranted...
- Excessive growthVasudha Narayanaswamy
University of South Alabama Children s and Women s Hospital, Mobile, Alabama 36617 2297, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 47:705-8. 2008..The nature of pituitary adenoma and treatment options in children with this condition have also been discussed...
- Further thoughts on hyperosmolar hyperglycemic crisisSamar K Bhowmick
Endocr Pract 12:477-8. 2006