Affiliation: University of California
- Low Prevalence of Liver Disease but Regional Differences in HBV Treatment Characteristics Mark HIV/HBV Co-Infection in a South African HIV Clinical TrialPrudence Ive
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
PLoS ONE 8:e74900. 2013..In this study, we analysed data from the CIPRA-SA 'Safeguard the household study' in order to assess baseline HBV characteristics in HIV/HBV co-infection participants prior to antiretroviral therapy (ART) initiation...
- Combination of allele-specific detection techniques to quantify minority resistance variants in hepatitis B infection: a novel approachDebika Bhattacharya
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Virol Methods 190:34-40. 2013....
- Alanine aminotransferase levels are not significantly elevated in patients with HIV/HBV co-infection and lamivudine resistanceD Bhattacharya
Division of Infectious Diseases, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Int J STD AIDS 19:780-1. 2008..In HIV/HBV co-infection, measurement of HBV DNA and HBV resistance mutations may identify HBV virological failure before biochemical changes and should be routinely used in the management of HIV/HBV co-infection...
- Women experience higher rates of adverse events during hepatitis C virus therapy in HIV infection: a meta-analysisDebika Bhattacharya
University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 55:170-5. 2010..In HIV/ hepatitis C virus (HCV) coinfection, adverse events (AEs) during HCV therapy account for 12%-39% of treatment discontinuations. It is unknown whether sex influences complications...
- Review of hepatitis B therapeuticsDebika Bhattacharya
David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Clin Infect Dis 51:1201-8. 2010..We will also offer guidelines for the use of available anti-HBV agents and review the emerging challenges in hepatitis B management, including HBV drug resistance, its management, and the potential role of combination therapy...
- Successful treatment of pan-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae pneumonia and bacteraemia with a combination of high-dose tigecycline and colistinRomney M Humphries
UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Med Microbiol 59:1383-6. 2010..Despite a poor prognosis, the patient recovered, but remains colonized with the pan-resistant isolate...
- Impact of prison status on HIV-related risk behaviorsAngela L Hudson
School of Nursing, University of California Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
AIDS Behav 15:340-6. 2011..As risk for HCV and HIV co-infection continues among homeless ex-offenders, HIV/HCV prevention efforts are needed for this population...
- Chronic hepatitis C in the human immunodeficiency virus-infected patient: management strategiesDebika Bhattacharya
Division of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:288-92. 2006
- Differences in clinical and molecular characteristics of skin and soft tissue methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolates between two hospitals in Northern CaliforniaDebika Bhattacharya
Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
J Clin Microbiol 45:1798-803. 2007..Clinicians should assess for nosocomial and community risk factors, realizing that different populations with CO-MRSA SSTI may require separate antimicrobial strategies...