Affiliation: University of California
- Combination of allele-specific detection techniques to quantify minority resistance variants in hepatitis B infection: A novel approachDebika Bhattacharya
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, United States UCLA Center for AIDS Research and Education, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, United States Electronic address
J Virol Methods 190:34-40. 2013....
- Alanine aminotransferase levels are not significantly elevated in patients with HIV/HBV co-infection and lamivudine resistanceD Bhattacharya
Division of Infectious Diseases, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Int J STD AIDS 19:780-1. 2008..In HIV/HBV co-infection, measurement of HBV DNA and HBV resistance mutations may identify HBV virological failure before biochemical changes and should be routinely used in the management of HIV/HBV co-infection...
- Women experience higher rates of adverse events during hepatitis C virus therapy in HIV infection: a meta-analysisDebika Bhattacharya
University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 55:170-5. 2010..In HIV/ hepatitis C virus (HCV) coinfection, adverse events (AEs) during HCV therapy account for 12%-39% of treatment discontinuations. It is unknown whether sex influences complications...
- Review of hepatitis B therapeuticsDebika Bhattacharya
David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Clin Infect Dis 51:1201-8. 2010..We will also offer guidelines for the use of available anti-HBV agents and review the emerging challenges in hepatitis B management, including HBV drug resistance, its management, and the potential role of combination therapy...
- Successful treatment of pan-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae pneumonia and bacteraemia with a combination of high-dose tigecycline and colistinRomney M Humphries
UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Med Microbiol 59:1383-6. 2010..Despite a poor prognosis, the patient recovered, but remains colonized with the pan-resistant isolate...
- Impact of prison status on HIV-related risk behaviorsAngela L Hudson
School of Nursing, University of California Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
AIDS Behav 15:340-6. 2011..As risk for HCV and HIV co-infection continues among homeless ex-offenders, HIV/HCV prevention efforts are needed for this population...
- Chronic hepatitis C in the human immunodeficiency virus-infected patient: management strategiesDebika Bhattacharya
Division of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:288-92. 2006
- Differences in clinical and molecular characteristics of skin and soft tissue methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolates between two hospitals in Northern CaliforniaDebika Bhattacharya
Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
J Clin Microbiol 45:1798-803. 2007..Clinicians should assess for nosocomial and community risk factors, realizing that different populations with CO-MRSA SSTI may require separate antimicrobial strategies...