Affiliation: University of Memphis
- Efferent-induced change in human cochlear compression and its influence on masking of tonesShaum P Bhagat
Hearing Science Laboratory, School of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology, The University of Memphis, 807 Jefferson Avenue, Memphis, TN 38105, United States
Neurosci Lett 485:94-7. 2010..Under certain conditions, decreases in cochlear compression induced by MOC efferent neurons may lead to unmasking of tones presented in noise...
- Time-frequency analysis of transient-evoked otoacoustic emissions in children exposed to carboplatin chemotherapyShaum Bhagat
Hearing Science Laboratory, School of Communication Sciences and Disorders, The University of Memphis, and St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Audiol Neurootol 18:71-82. 2013..However, long-term monitoring of hearing with measurements of TEOAEs is warranted, given the risks of delayed hearing loss in some children receiving carboplatin chemotherapy...
- Properties of binaural vestibular evoked myogenic potentials elicited with air-conducted and bone-conducted tone burstsShaum P Bhagat
The University of Memphis, School of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology, Memphis, TN 38015, USA
Int J Audiol 45:609-16. 2006..Differences in bilateral interaction seen between the AC-VEMP and BC-VEMP conditions are consistent with modification of sound transmission through the ear during presentations of binaural sound...
- The effects of monotic and dichotic interference tones on 40 Hz auditory steady-state responses in normal-hearing adultsShaum P Bhagat
School of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology, University of Memphis, 807 Jefferson Avenue, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
J Am Acad Audiol 19:101-19. 2008..Description of the effects of these stimulus parameters on 40 Hz ASSRs can benefit clinical applications of this technique, including evaluating auditory function in adults not capable of participating in behavioral audiometric tests...
- Modification of otoacoustic emissions following ear-level exposure to MP3 player musicShaum P Bhagat
Hearing Science Laboratory, School of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology, University of Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Int J Audiol 47:751-60. 2008..The results for the exposure conditions explored in this study indicate that changes in otoacoustic emissions may precede the development of music-induced hearing threshold shifts...
- Analysis of distortion product otoacoustic emission spectra in normal-hearing adultsShaum Bhagat
The University of Memphis School of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology, 807 Jefferson Avenue, Memphis, TN 38015, USA
Am J Audiol 18:60-8. 2009..To evaluate the ability of distortion product otoacoustic emission (DPOAE) spectral characteristics to distinguish between ears with variable hearing sensitivity within the normal range...
- Monitoring carboplatin ototoxicity with distortion-product otoacoustic emissions in children with retinoblastomaShaum P Bhagat
School of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology, The University of Memphis, Memphis, TN, United States
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 74:1156-63. 2010....
- Evaluation of distortion products produced by the human auditory systemShaum P Bhagat
Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, Louisiana State University, 163 Music and Dramatic Arts Building, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
Hear Res 193:51-67. 2004..Evidence concerning the origin of the QDT DPAEP was inconclusive, and contributions from both cochlear and neural nonlinear sources could not be ruled out...