Affiliation: University of Missouri
- 5-HT2 receptor distribution shown by [18F] setoperone PET in high-functioning autistic adultsDavid Q Beversdorf
Department of Radiology, the Thompson Center, University of Missouri, MO, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 24:191-7. 2012..A negative relationship between thalamic binding and history of language impairment was also observed. Further studies will be needed to gain a clearer picture of the role of the 5-HT system in autism...
- Effect of propranolol on functional connectivity in autism spectrum disorder--a pilot studyAnanth Narayanan
Integrated Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Brain Imaging Behav 4:189-97. 2010..Comparison of functional connectivity between pre-defined ROI-pairs revealed a significant increase with propranolol compared to nadolol, suggesting a potential imaging marker for the cognitive effects of propranolol in ASD...
- Therapeutic interventions in autism: a review for primary care physiciansDavid Beversdorf
University of Missouri, USA
Mo Med 105:390-5. 2008..Alternative therapies are frequently utilized, of which the clinician needs to be aware...
- Functional MRI of the primary somatosensory cortex in extinction to simultaneous bilateral tactile stimuli due to right temporal lobe strokeDavid Q Beversdorf
Department of Radiology, Thompson Center, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Neurocase 14:419-24. 2008..These findings suggest that EDSS in patients with a right temporal lobe stroke results from processing abnormalities that occur after these afferent tactile stimuli are processed by SI...
- Effect of propranolol on word fluency in autismDavid Q Beversdorf
Department of Radiology and Neurology, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO, USA
Cogn Behav Neurol 24:11-7. 2011..Therefore, we wished to determine whether this benefit of propranolol includes an effect on semantic fluency in autism...