Brianne Magouirk Bettcher
Affiliation: University of California
- Inflammation and clinical presentation in neurodegenerative disease: a volatile relationshipBrianne Magouirk Bettcher
Neurology Department, Memory and Aging Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 1207, USA
Neurocase 19:182-200. 2013..Specific emphasis is placed on providing a temporal context for the association between inflammation and neurodegeneration...
- C-reactive protein is related to memory and medial temporal brain volume in older adultsBrianne Magouirk Bettcher
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, Memory and Aging Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
Brain Behav Immun 26:103-8. 2012..These findings underscore a potential role for inflammation in cognitive aging as a modifiable risk factor...
- Improving everyday error detection, one picture at a time: a performance-based study of everyday task trainingBrianne Magouirk Bettcher
Department of Neurology, Memory and Aging Center, 350 Parnassus Avenue, Suite 905, San Francisco, CA 94143 1207, USA
Neuropsychology 25:771-83. 2011..The aims of the study are to evaluate a novel, task-training action intervention (TT-NAT) designed to increase error monitoring in dementia patients and to pinpoint the relation between error monitoring and neuropsychological processes...
- To err is human, to monitor divine: environmental adaptations reduce everyday errors but do not improve monitoringBrianne Magouirk Bettcher
Department of Neurology, Memory and Aging Center, University of California San Francisco, 350 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 33:1049-58. 2011..However, the neuropsychological processes associated with monitoring differed across conditions. The results have implications for a neuropsychological model of error monitoring in dementia...
- Linking MRI hyperintensities with patterns of neuropsychological impairment: evidence for a threshold effectDavid J Libon
Department of Neurology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Mail Stop 423, 245 North 15th St, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Stroke 39:806-13. 2008..The purpose of this study is to ascertain the threshold of MRI-LA as measured with a visual rating scale needed to induce specific patterns of neuropsychological impairment associated with dementia...