DANIEL HOLLAND BESSESEN
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Skeletal muscle munc18c and syntaxin 4 in human obesityBryan C Bergman
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO, USA
Nutr Metab (Lond) 5:21. 2008..Animal and cell culture data suggest a critical role for Munc18c and Syntaxin 4 proteins in insulin mediated glucose transport in skeletal muscle, but no studies have been published in humans...
- Trafficking of dietary oleic, linolenic, and stearic acids in fasted or fed lean ratsD H Bessesen
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, Colorado 80204 4507, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 278:E1124-32. 2000..The movement of carbons derived from dietary fat between tissues is a complex time-dependent process, which varies in response to the type of fat ingested and the metabolic state of the organism...
- Future directions in weight control. Molecular and genetic discoveries pave the wayDaniel H Bessesen
Denver Health Medical Center, Mail Code 4000, 777 Bannock St, Denver, CO 80204 4507, USA
Postgrad Med 114:30-2, 35-8. 2003..In this article, Dr Bessesen highlights some of the new molecular and genetic discoveries related to obesity and outlines the hypothalamic neural pathways involved in regulating food intake...
- Trafficking of dietary fat and resistance to obesityDaniel H Bessesen
University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, CO 80204, USA
Physiol Behav 94:681-8. 2008..In particular, the relative metabolism of dietary fat favoring oxidation over storage may be associated with more robust signaling of positive energy balance and resistance to dietary induced obesity in both humans and rats...
- Update on obesityDaniel H Bessesen
Division of Endocrinology, Denver Health Medical Center, and University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:2027-34. 2008..Questions remain as to the best surgical approach and the cost effectiveness. Research advances in obesity continue to move at a rapid pace and raise hopes for more effective management strategies in the future...
- POST-PRANDIAL NUTRIENT PARTITIONING IN HUMANSDaniel Bessesen; Fiscal Year: 2007..Two junior investigators that he has mentored have received individual RO1 awards and the company that he provides technical support for received an SBIR. ..