John F Beshai
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Cardiac sarcoidosis and coronary artery disease: a two-hit mechanism to left ventricular dysfunction (Or is It)?J C Hansen
Section of Cardiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis 30:237-40. 2013..It also stresses the importance of ruling out ischemia in any patient with declining left ventricular function. ..
- The resynchronization therapy in narrow QRS study (RethinQ study): methods and protocol designJohn F Beshai
University of Chicago Hospital, 5758 South Maryland Avenue, MC 9024, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 19:149-55. 2007..The Resynchronization Therapy In Narrow QRS (RethinQ) study will evaluate mechanical dyssynchrony using echocardiography (both M mode and TDI) as an eligibility requirement for CRT...
- Cardiac-resynchronization therapy in heart failure with narrow QRS complexesJohn F Beshai
University of Chicago, Chicago, USA
N Engl J Med 357:2461-71. 2007..Some patients with narrow QRS complexes have echocardiographic evidence of left ventricular mechanical dyssynchrony and may also benefit from CRT...
- Mechanical dyssynchrony from the perspective of a cardiac electrophysiologistJohn F Beshai
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Curr Opin Cardiol 23:447-51. 2008..It has been proposed that the use of echocardiographic imaging could be a more specific marker of intraventricular conduction delay rather than the surrogate marker of electrical delay demonstrated by prolonged QRS duration...
- Medtronic Sprint Fidelis lead recall: determining the initial 5-year management cost to MedicareAmit K Mehrotra
Heart Rhythm Center in the Section of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Heart Rhythm 8:1192-7. 2011..The Medtronic Sprint Fidelis defibrillator lead has a high failure rate and was recalled in October 2007...
- Initial experience using a radiofrequency powered transseptal needleMatthew P Smelley
Section of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 21:423-7. 2010..The purpose of this study was to determine the safety and efficacy of using a novel radiofrequency (RF) powered transseptal needle to perform transseptal puncture (TSP)...
- Effect of defibrillation threshold testing-induced ventricular fibrillation on renal functionJohn H Shin
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, 5758 S Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL, USA
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 38:209-15. 2013..This study examined the acute effect of DFT testing on renal function in patients undergoing implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) implantation...
- Ranolazine safely decreases ventricular and atrial fibrillation in Timothy syndrome (LQT8)Dipak P Shah
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 35:e62-4. 2012..This case report details the decrease of atrial fibrillation and ventricular fibrillation events in our LQT8 patient with the addition of ranolazine...
- Cardiac sarcoidosis detected by late gadolinium enhancement and prevalence of atrial arrhythmiasMatthew A Cain
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Heart Rhythm Center, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
Am J Cardiol 113:1556-60. 2014..In patients receiving implantable defibrillators, programing to minimize inappropriate ICD shocks for atrial arrhythmias must be considered. ..
- Effects of electrocautery on transvenous lead insulation materialsKiam Khiang Lim
Section of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 20:429-35. 2009..Insulation defects are a leading cause of transvenous lead failure. The purpose of this study was to determine the effects of electrocautery on transvenous lead insulation materials...
- Late potential at the high ventricular septal level in a patient with Brugada: possible mechanisms and clinical implicationsJose L Baez-Escudero
Section of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Electrocardiol 43:459-62. 2010..We discuss the possible mechanisms for this intracardiac finding and its clinical significance. We also review the effect of isoproterenol infusion on both the late potential and the surface ECG...
- Role of echocardiography in selection of patients for biventricular pacing therapyRicha Agarwal
University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Curr Cardiol Rep 11:352-9. 2009..Use of echocardiography to define dyssynchrony and the impact of promising imaging methods for future patient selection for CRT are discussed...
- ICD lead parameters, performance, and adverse events following continuous-flow LVAD implantationIsac C Thomas
Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, Heart Rhythm Center at the University of Chicago Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 37:464-72. 2014..We sought to evaluate for changes in implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) performance following LVAD implantation...
- Myocardial damage in patients with sarcoidosis and preserved left ventricular systolic function: an observational studyAmit R Patel
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, 5841 South Maryland Avenue, MC 5084, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Eur J Heart Fail 13:1231-7. 2011..We aim to characterize the prevalence of LGE, its associated cardiac findings, and its clinical implications in sarcoidosis patients with preserved LVEF...
- Marker annotation misalignment on a defibrillator interrogation printoutKiam Khiang Lim
Section of Cardiac Electrophysiology, Division of Cardiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 18:1216-7. 2007
- The relationship between stature and the prevalence of atrial fibrillation in patients with left ventricular dysfunctionIbrahim R Hanna
Division of Cardiology, Section of Electrophysiology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:1683-8. 2006..This study sought to determine the influence of stature on atrial fibrillation (AF) in high-risk patients with reduced left ventricular (LV) systolic function...