Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Striatal overexpression of DeltaJunD resets L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia in a primate model of Parkinson diseaseOlivier Berton
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania Medical School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 3403, USA
Biol Psychiatry 66:554-61. 2009..Previous studies in rodents have shown that striatal DeltaFosB levels accurately predict dyskinesia severity and indicate that this transcription factor may play a causal role in the dyskinesia sensitization process...
- Are we getting closer to valid translational models for major depression?Olivier Berton
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Science 338:75-9. 2012..We review recent progress and highlight some of the best leads to diversify and improve discovery end points for preclinical depression research...
- Adult hippocampal neurogenesis is functionally important for stress-induced social avoidanceDiane C Lagace
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9070, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:4436-41. 2010....
- Molecular adaptations underlying susceptibility and resistance to social defeat in brain reward regionsVaishnav Krishnan
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center UTSWMC, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9070, USA
Cell 131:391-404. 2007....
- Deep brain stimulation of the nucleus accumbens shell attenuates cocaine reinstatement through local and antidromic activationFair M Vassoler
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Department of Psychiatry, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurosci 33:14446-54. 2013....
- Enhancement of stress resilience through histone deacetylase 6-mediated regulation of glucocorticoid receptor chaperone dynamicsJeanine Jochems
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia Pennsylvania
Biol Psychiatry 77:345-55. 2015..We tested whether acetylation of Hsp90 in the brain predicts and modulates the behavioral sequelae of a mouse model of social stress...
- Antidepressant-like effects of cortical deep brain stimulation coincide with pro-neuroplastic adaptations of serotonin systemsAvin Veerakumar
Department of Psychiatry, Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Biol Psychiatry 76:203-12. 2014..Serotonin (5-HT) systems are engaged indirectly by ventromedial prefrontal cortex (vmPFC) DBS. Resulting neuroplastic changes in 5-HT systems could thus coincide with the long-term therapeutic activity of vmPFC DBS...
- Optogenetic modulation of descending prefrontocortical inputs to the dorsal raphe bidirectionally bias socioaffective choices after social defeatCollin Challis
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine Philadelphia, PA, USA Neuroscience Graduate Group, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine Philadelphia, PA, USA
Front Behav Neurosci 8:43. 2014..These results clarify the functional organization of vmPFC-DRN pathways and identify GABAergic neurons as a key cellular element filtering top-down vmPFC influences on affect-regulating 5-HT output...
- Raphe GABAergic neurons mediate the acquisition of avoidance after social defeatCollin Challis
Department of Psychiatry and Neuroscience Graduate Group, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurosci 33:13978-88, 13988a. 2013..We provide the first characterization of GABA neurons in the DRN that monosynaptically inhibit 5-HT neurons and reveal their key role in neuroplastic processes underlying the development of social avoidance. ..
- The use of animal models in psychiatric research and treatmentVaishnav Krishnan
Department of Psychiatry, UT Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, NE5 110, Dallas, TX 75390 9070, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:1109. 2008
- Antidepressant-like properties of novel HDAC6-selective inhibitors with improved brain bioavailabilityJeanine Jochems
Department of Psychiatry, Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 39:389-400. 2014..Our results validate new isoform-selective probes for in vivo pharmacological studies of HDAC6 in the CNS and reinforce the viability of this HDAC isoform as a potential target for antidepressant development. ..
- Induction of deltaFosB in the periaqueductal gray by stress promotes active coping responsesOlivier Berton
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9070, USA
Neuron 55:289-300. 2007..These results indicate that IS-induced accumulation of DeltaFosB in the vlPAG desensitizes substance P neurons enriched in this area and opposes behavioral despair by promoting active defense responses...
- Postnatal loss of methyl-CpG binding protein 2 in the forebrain is sufficient to mediate behavioral aspects of Rett syndrome in miceTerry Gemelli
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9070, USA
Biol Psychiatry 59:468-76. 2006..Methyl-CpG binding protein 2 is a transcriptional repressor that is widely expressed in all tissues...