Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Are we getting closer to valid translational models for major depression?Olivier Berton
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Science 338:75-9. 2012..We review recent progress and highlight some of the best leads to diversify and improve discovery end points for preclinical depression research...
- Striatal overexpression of DeltaJunD resets L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia in a primate model of Parkinson diseaseOlivier Berton
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania Medical School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 3403, USA
Biol Psychiatry 66:554-61. 2009..Previous studies in rodents have shown that striatal DeltaFosB levels accurately predict dyskinesia severity and indicate that this transcription factor may play a causal role in the dyskinesia sensitization process...
- Molecular adaptations underlying susceptibility and resistance to social defeat in brain reward regionsVaishnav Krishnan
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center UTSWMC, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9070, USA
Cell 131:391-404. 2007....
- Adult hippocampal neurogenesis is functionally important for stress-induced social avoidanceDiane C Lagace
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9070, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:4436-41. 2010....
- The use of animal models in psychiatric research and treatmentVaishnav Krishnan
Department of Psychiatry, UT Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, NE5.110, Dallas, TX 75390-9070, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:1109. 2008
- Induction of deltaFosB in the periaqueductal gray by stress promotes active coping responsesOlivier Berton
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9070, USA
Neuron 55:289-300. 2007..These results indicate that IS-induced accumulation of DeltaFosB in the vlPAG desensitizes substance P neurons enriched in this area and opposes behavioral despair by promoting active defense responses...
- Postnatal loss of methyl-CpG binding protein 2 in the forebrain is sufficient to mediate behavioral aspects of Rett syndrome in miceTerry Gemelli
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9070, USA
Biol Psychiatry 59:468-76. 2006..Methyl-CpG binding protein 2 is a transcriptional repressor that is widely expressed in all tissues...
- Role of HDAC6 in a murine model of affective disorder and antidepressant actionOlivier Berton; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the present project we propose to evaluate, using animal models, the potential of histone deacetylase 6 (HDAC6) as a new therapeutic target for antidepressant treatments. ..