J Michael Berry
Affiliation: University of California
- A review of human papillomavirus vaccines: from basic science to clinical trialsJ Michael Berry
University of California, San Francisco, Box 0512, 521 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143 0512, USA
Front Biosci 8:s333-45. 2003..All of the vaccines appear to be safe, well tolerated, and preliminary data indicates that most are clinically effective. Multiple trials are in progress and more mature data are expected within the next few years...
- Anal cancer and its precursors in HIV-positive patients: perspectives and managementJ Michael Berry
General Clinical Research Center, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine, 505 Parnassus Avenue, Room M1203, Box 0126, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Surg Oncol Clin N Am 13:355-73. 2004....
- Performance characteristics of anal cytology and human papillomavirus testing in patients with high-resolution anoscopy-guided biopsy of high-grade anal intraepithelial neoplasiaJ Michael Berry
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 52:239-47. 2009..High-resolution anoscopy with biopsy was used as the standard for detecting high-grade anal neoplasia and was compared to detection of high-grade anal neoplasia by anal cytology, human papillomavirus testing, or the combination...
- A trial of SGN-00101 (HspE7) to treat high-grade anal intraepithelial neoplasia in HIV-positive individualsJoel M Palefsky
Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
AIDS 20:1151-5. 2006....
- Prevalence and risk factors for neutralizing antibodies to human papillomavirus types 16 and 18 in HIV-positive men who have sex with menRachna Sharma
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA Department of Public Health, East Carolina University Greenville, NC British Columbia Centre for Disease Control Public Health Microbiology and Reference Laboratory, BC Centre for Disease Control, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco and Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 64:479-87. 2013..However, little is known about the prevalence of and risk factors for neutralizing antibody seropositivity to HPV-16 or HPV-18, a key measure of previous exposure to these types...
- Comparison of patient- and clinician-collected anal cytology samples to screen for human papillomavirus-associated anal intraepithelial neoplasia in men who have sex with menPeter V Chin-Hong
University of California, San Francisco, Box 0654, 513 Parnassus Avenue, Room S 380, San Francisco, CA 94143 0654, USA
Ann Intern Med 149:300-6. 2008..Cytology screening can detect the anal cancer precursor, anal intraepithelial neoplasia (AIN). Little is known about self-collected samples for AIN screening, and few community-based AIN estimates exist...
- Risk factors for anal human papillomavirus infection type 16 among HIV-positive men who have sex with men in San FranciscoAlexandra L Hernandez
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 63:532-9. 2013..We determined the prevalence and risk factors for anal HPV 16 infection in a population of HIV-positive MSM, most of whom were being treated with antiretroviral therapy...
- Anal intraepithelial neoplasia in the highly active antiretroviral therapy era among HIV-positive men who have sex with menJoel M Palefsky
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
AIDS 19:1407-14. 2005..We characterized the prevalence of AIN among HIV-positive MSM and examined the association between AIN and various factors including use of HAART...
- 32. HPV type and strain variant concordance between anal cancers and their preceding high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesionsJoel Palefsky
University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Sex Health 10:585-6. 2013..Two pairs contained the Eur-350G variant alone. Conclusions: Concordance of both the HPV type and strain variant in anal cancers and their site-matched preceding HSIL further supports the role of anal HSIL as an anal cancer precursor. ..
- Surgical treatment of high-grade anal squamous intraepithelial lesions: a prospective studyGeorge J Chang
Department of Surgery, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 45:453-8. 2002..We report the first prospective study of high-resolution anoscopy-directed surgical treatment of high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions...
- Infrared coagulator treatment of high-grade anal dysplasia in HIV-infected individuals: an AIDS malignancy consortium pilot studyElizabeth A Stier
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 47:56-61. 2008..To evaluate prospectively the safety of the infrared coagulator (IRC) as a treatment for anal high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions (HSILs) in HIV-infected individuals and to seek preliminary evidence for efficacy...
- Home study course: summer 2005J Michael Berry
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of California San Francisco, CA, USA
J Low Genit Tract Dis 9:182-7. 2005..Credit is available for those who choose to apply. The Home Study Course is planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME's Essential Areas and Elements...
- Self-collected versus clinician-collected anal cytology specimens to diagnose anal intraepithelial neoplasia in HIV-positive menRoss D Cranston
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, 94143, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 36:915-20. 2004..Anal intraepithelial neoplasia (AIN) is common in men who have sex with men (MSM) and may be diagnosed by anal cytology screening...
- High-resolution anoscopy targeted surgical destruction of anal high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions: a ten-year experienceCarlos E Pineda
Department of General Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 51:829-35; discussion 835-7. 2008....
- High resolution anoscopy and targeted treatment of high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesionsCarlos E Pineda
Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad San Carlos de Guatemala, Guatemala City, Guatemala
Dis Colon Rectum 49:126. 2006..The purpose of this video is to illustrate the use of high resolution anoscopy in the diagnosis and treatment of anal high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions...
- High resolution anoscopy in the planned staged treatment of anal squamous intraepithelial lesions in HIV-negative patientsCarlos E Pineda
Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, H3680F, Stanford, CA 94305 5655, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 11:1410-5; discussion 1415-6. 2007..Morbidity is minimal, and our progression to cancer rate is low (2.4%)...