Charlotte A Berkes
Affiliation: University of California
- MyoD and the transcriptional control of myogenesisCharlotte A Berkes
Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO 80903, USA
Semin Cell Dev Biol 16:585-95. 2005..This review highlights recent studies regarding the molecular mechanisms by which the muscle-specific myogenic bHLH proteins interact with other regulatory factors to coordinate gene expression in a controlled and ordered manner...
- Pbx marks genes for activation by MyoD indicating a role for a homeodomain protein in establishing myogenic potentialCharlotte A Berkes
Division of Human Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Mol Cell 14:465-77. 2004..This demonstrates a specific mechanism of targeting MyoD to loci in inactive chromatin and reveals a critical role of homeodomain proteins in marking specific genes for activation in the muscle lineage...
- MyoD targets chromatin remodeling complexes to the myogenin locus prior to forming a stable DNA-bound complexIvana L de la Serna
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Department of Cell Biology, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:3997-4009. 2005....
- Global and gene-specific analyses show distinct roles for Myod and Myog at a common set of promotersYi Cao
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
EMBO J 25:502-11. 2006..Therefore, the role of Myog in mediating terminal differentiation is, in part, to enhance expression of a subset of genes previously initiated by Myod...
- MyoD synergizes with the E-protein HEB beta to induce myogenic differentiationMaura H Parker
Ottawa Health Research Institute, Molecular Medicine Program, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8L6, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 26:5771-83. 2006..Therefore, HEB alpha and HEB beta play novel and central roles in orchestrating the regulation of myogenic factor activity through myogenic differentiation...