Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Functional properties of striatal fast-spiking interneuronsJoshua D Berke
Neuroscience Program, Department of Psychology, University of Michigan Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Front Syst Neurosci 5:45. 2011..These studies have revealed novel and unexpected properties of FSIs, that should help inform new models of striatal information processing in both normal and aberrant conditions...
- Fast oscillations in cortical-striatal networks switch frequency following rewarding events and stimulant drugsJ D Berke
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Eur J Neurosci 30:848-59. 2009....
- Striatal versus hippocampal representations during win-stay maze performanceJoshua D Berke
University of Michigan, Department of Psychology, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1109, USA
J Neurophysiol 101:1575-87. 2009....
- Uncoordinated firing rate changes of striatal fast-spiking interneurons during behavioral task performanceJoshua D Berke
Department of Psychology, and Neuroscience Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Neurosci 28:10075-80. 2008..These results suggest that FSIs play a more complex role in the information processing achieved by striatal microcircuits than supposed by current theoretical models...
- Transient 23-30 Hz oscillations in mouse hippocampus during exploration of novel environmentsJoshua D Berke
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104, USA
Hippocampus 18:519-29. 2008..These findings suggest that beta2 oscillations indicate a hippocampal dynamic state that facilitates the formation of unique contextual representations...
- Oscillatory entrainment of striatal neurons in freely moving ratsJoshua D Berke
Laboratory of Cognitive Neurobiology, Department of Psychology, Boston University, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Neuron 43:883-96. 2004..The orchestration of oscillatory activity by networks of striatal interneurons may be an important mechanism in the pathophysiology of neurological disorders such as Parkinson's disease...
- Memory formation: from network structure to neural dynamicsSarah Feldt
Physics Department, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Philos Trans A Math Phys Eng Sci 368:2251-67. 2010..We show that the developed model provides a consistent explanation of the anatomical network modifications that underlie the activity changes observed in the experimental data...
- Local dynamics of gap-junction-coupled interneuron networksTroy Lau
Department of Physics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Phys Biol 7:16015. 2010..We suggest that local GJ coupling enables an active search-and-select function of striatal FSIs, which contributes to the overall role of cortical-basal ganglia circuits in decision-making...
- Selective activation of striatal fast-spiking interneurons during choice executionGregory J Gage
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Neuron 67:466-79. 2010..Our findings suggest that individual FSIs participate in local striatal information processing, but more global disinhibition of FSIs by GP is important for initiating chosen actions while suppressing unwanted alternatives...
- Opposite effects of stimulant and antipsychotic drugs on striatal fast-spiking interneuronsAlexander B Wiltschko
Department of Psychology, and Neuroscience Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1043, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 35:1261-70. 2010..Striatal FSIs may have an important role in the behavioral effects of these drugs, and thus may be a valuable target in the development of novel therapies...
- Wavelet filtering before spike detection preserves waveform shape and enhances single-unit discriminationAlexander B Wiltschko
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Neurosci Methods 173:34-40. 2008..For the majority of cells, this approach also improves spike signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and increases cluster discrimination. Additionally, the described technique is fast enough to be applied real-time...
- Single-unit activity in the medial prefrontal cortex during immediate and delayed extinction of fear in ratsChun hui Chang
Department of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e11971. 2010..There were no group differences in PrL activity during extinction or retention testing. Alterations in both spontaneous and CS-evoked neuronal activity in the IL may contribute to the immediate extinction deficit...
- Analysis of mRNA expression in striatal tissue by differential display polymerase chain reactionJoshua D Berke
Laboratory of Cognitive Neurobiology, Department of Psychology, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA
Methods Mol Med 79:193-209. 2003
- The Homer-1 protein Ania-3 interacts with the plasma membrane calcium pumpVéronique Sgambato-Faure
Molecular Plasticity Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Bethesda, MD, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 343:630-7. 2006..The interaction between Ania-3/Homer and PMCAs may represent a novel mechanism by which local calcium signaling and hence synaptic function can be modulated in neurons...
- Multiple Memory Systems in Action SelectionJOSHUA BERKE; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..