Kristin J Bergsland
Affiliation: University of Chicago
- Role of proximal tubule in the hypocalciuric response to thiazide of patients with idiopathic hypercalciuriaKristin J Bergsland
The Univ of Chicago, Section of Nephrology MC5100, 5841 S Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL 60637
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 305:F592-9. 2013..Since CaOx stone formation begins with an initial CaP overlay on RP, by lowering urine pH and decreasing distal nephron Ca delivery, TZ might diminish stone risk both by reducing CaP SS, as well as slowing progression of RP. ..
- Urine risk factors in children with calcium kidney stones and their siblingsKristin J Bergsland
Nephrology Section, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Kidney Int 81:1140-8. 2012..This highlights the importance of managing hypercalciuria in children with calcium stones...
- A test of the hypothesis that the collecting duct calcium-sensing receptor limits rise of urine calcium molarity in hypercalciuric calcium kidney stone formersKristin J Bergsland
Sect of Nephrology MC5100, The Univ of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 297:F1017-23. 2009..The overnight period, one of maximal water conservation, was a time of maximal stone risk and perhaps a target of specific clinical intervention...
- Evidence for net renal tubule oxalate secretion in patients with calcium kidney stonesKristin J Bergsland
Department of Medicine, Nephrology Section, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 300:F311-8. 2011..Our findings identify tubular secretion of oxalate as a key mediator of hyperoxaluria in calcium stone formers, potentially as a means of maintaining plasma oxalate in a tight range...
- Influence of gender and age on calcium oxalate crystal growth inhibition by urine from relatives of stone forming patientsKristin J Bergsland
University of Chicago and LithoLink Corp, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Urol 167:2372-6. 2002..We define the relationships between urine inhibition of calcium oxalate crystal growth and age, gender, urine chemistries and stone formation among relatives of calcium stone forming patients...
- Urine protein markers distinguish stone-forming from non-stone-forming relatives of calcium stone formersKristin J Bergsland
Litholink Corp, 2250 W Campbell Park Dr, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 291:F530-6. 2006..Variations in these proteins may serve as markers of stone disease activity or vulnerability to recurrence and may provide new insights into mechanisms of stone formation...
- Evidence for increased renal tubule and parathyroid gland sensitivity to serum calcium in human idiopathic hypercalciuriaElaine M Worcester
Nephrology Section MC 5100, Univ of Chicago Medicine, 5841 South Maryland Ave, Chicago, IL 60637
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 305:F853-60. 2013....
- Evidence for increased postprandial distal nephron calcium delivery in hypercalciuric stone-forming patientsElaine M Worcester
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago School of Medicine, 5841 South Maryland Ave, Chicago IL 60637, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F1286-94. 2008..The increased calcium delivery into the later nephron may play a role in stone formation via deposition of papillary interstitial apatite plaque...