Affiliation: University of Kansas Medical Center
- The reliability of the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators pressure ulcer indicator: a triangulation approachSandra Bergquist-Beringer
School of Nursing, University of Kansas, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 26:292-301. 2011..Nurse certification in wound care and wound descriptors improved reliability levels...
- Reliability, validity and factor structure of the Appraisal of Self-Care Agency Scale-Revised (ASAS-R)Valmi D Sousa
School of Nursing, The University of Kansas, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
J Eval Clin Pract 16:1031-40. 2010..The purpose of this study was to continue the development and psychometric testing of the Appraisal of Self-Care Agency - Revised (ASAS-R)...
- Outcome and assessment information set data that predict pressure ulcer development in older adult home health patientsSandra Bergquist-Beringer
The School of Nursing, University of Kansas, Kansas City, USA
Adv Skin Wound Care 24:404-14. 2011..To identify risk factors for pressure ulcer (PrU) development in older adult home health patients from admission Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) data...
- Inter-rater reliability of pressure ulcer staging: ordinal probit Bayesian hierarchical model that allows for uncertain rater responseByron J Gajewski
Schools of Allied Health and Nursing, Center for Biostatistics and Advanced Informatics, The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, U S A
Stat Med 26:4602-18. 2007..We compare the ordinal probit BHM to an approximate random-effects (standard approach in the literature) model that assumes that the raw ordinal data are continuous...
- Evaluation of the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI) Training Program on Pressure UlcersSandra Bergquist-Beringer
School of Nursing, Mail Stop 4043, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Contin Educ Nurs 40:252-8; quiz 259-60, 279. 2009..Findings suggest the NDNQI Pressure Ulcer Training Program was effective for educating staff nurses on pressure ulcer identification and staging...
- Adapting pressure ulcer prevention for use in home health careSandra Bergquist-Beringer
School of Nursing, The University of Kansas, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 38:145-54. 2011..The purpose of this study was to delineate interventions and activities used to prevent PU in home health care...
- A CDSS to Translate Pressure Ulcer Prediction and Prevention to Home Health CareSandra Bergquist Beringer; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will examine the use of a computerized decision support system to improve the identification of elders who are at pressure ulcer risk and improve the practice of pressure ulcer prevention in home health care. ..