Affiliation: University of Kansas Medical Center
- Pressure ulcers and prevention among acute care hospitals in the United StatesSandra Bergquist-Beringer
School of Nursing, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 39:404-14. 2013..Most pressure ulcers can be prevented with evidence-based practice. Many studies describe the implementation of a pressure ulcer prevention program but few report the effect on outcomes across acute care facilities...
- The reliability of the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators pressure ulcer indicator: a triangulation approachSandra Bergquist-Beringer
School of Nursing, University of Kansas, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 26:292-301. 2011..Nurse certification in wound care and wound descriptors improved reliability levels...
- Reliability, validity and factor structure of the Appraisal of Self-Care Agency Scale-Revised (ASAS-R)Valmi D Sousa
School of Nursing, The University of Kansas, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
J Eval Clin Pract 16:1031-40. 2010..The purpose of this study was to continue the development and psychometric testing of the Appraisal of Self-Care Agency - Revised (ASAS-R)...
- Unit-level time trends and seasonality in the rate of hospital-acquired pressure ulcers in US acute care hospitalsJianghua He
Department of Biostatistics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Res Nurs Health 36:171-80. 2013..During 2009-2011, the magnitude of this seasonality was greatly reduced, and only HAPU rate in Quarter 1 remained significantly higher than HAPU rates in other quarters...
- Outcome and assessment information set data that predict pressure ulcer development in older adult home health patientsSandra Bergquist-Beringer
The School of Nursing, University of Kansas, Kansas City, USA
Adv Skin Wound Care 24:404-14. 2011..To identify risk factors for pressure ulcer (PrU) development in older adult home health patients from admission Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) data...
- Inter-rater reliability of pressure ulcer staging: ordinal probit Bayesian hierarchical model that allows for uncertain rater responseByron J Gajewski
Schools of Allied Health and Nursing, Center for Biostatistics and Advanced Informatics, The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, U S A
Stat Med 26:4602-18. 2007..We compare the ordinal probit BHM to an approximate random-effects (standard approach in the literature) model that assumes that the raw ordinal data are continuous...
- Linking RN workgroup job satisfaction to pressure ulcers among older adults on acute care hospital unitsJisun Choi
National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators, University of Kansas School of Nursing, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS, USA
Res Nurs Health 36:181-90. 2013..Findings provide evidence that higher RN workgroup job satisfaction is related to lower HAPU rates among older adult patients in acute care hospitals...
- Evaluation of the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI) Training Program on Pressure UlcersSandra Bergquist-Beringer
School of Nursing, Mail Stop 4043, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Contin Educ Nurs 40:252-8; quiz 259-60, 279. 2009..Findings suggest the NDNQI Pressure Ulcer Training Program was effective for educating staff nurses on pressure ulcer identification and staging...
- Adapting pressure ulcer prevention for use in home health careSandra Bergquist-Beringer
School of Nursing, The University of Kansas, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 38:145-54. 2011..The purpose of this study was to delineate interventions and activities used to prevent PU in home health care...
- A CDSS to Translate Pressure Ulcer Prediction and Prevention to Home Health CareSandra Bergquist Beringer; Fiscal Year: 2007..This study will examine the use of a computerized decision support system to improve the identification of elders who are at pressure ulcer risk and improve the practice of pressure ulcer prevention in home health care. ..