Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Identification and characterization of a novel protein from Sertoli cells, PASS1, that associates with mammalian small stress protein hsp27C Liu
Departments of Cell and Developmental Biology and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 275:18724-31. 2000..Ectopic expression of PASS1 in two cultured cell lines was observed to inhibit the ability of hsp27 to protect cells against heat shock, indicating that PASS1 does interact with hsp27 in the live cell...
- HSP22, a new member of the small heat shock protein superfamily, interacts with mimic of phosphorylated HSP27 ((3D)HSP27)R Benndorf
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 276:26753-61. 2001..HSP22 is expressed predominantly in muscles. In vitro, HSP22 is phosphorylated by protein kinase C (at residues Ser(14) and Thr(63)) and by p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (at residues Ser(27) and Thr(87)) but not by MAPKAPK-2...
- Ischemic acute renal failure induces differential expression of small heat shock proteinsW E Smoyer
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 11:211-21. 2000....
- Identification of the phosphorylation sites of the murine small heat shock protein hsp25M Gaestel
Institut fur Molekularbiologie, Abteilung Zellphysiologie, Berlin, Federal Republic of Germany
J Biol Chem 266:14721-4. 1991..The serine residues identified exist in all known small mammalian stress proteins and are located in the conserved kinase recognition sequence Arg-X-X-Ser...
- Mammalian protein homologous to VAT-1 of Torpedo californica: isolation from Ehrlich ascites tumor cells, biochemical characterization, and organization of its geneK Hayess
Max Delbruck Centrum fur Molekulare Medizin, Berlin Buch, Germany
J Cell Biochem 69:304-15. 1998..VAT-1 and the mammalian VAT-1 homolog form a subgroup within the protein superfamily of medium-chain dehydrogenases/reductases...
- Dephosphorylation of the small heat shock protein hsp25 by calcium/calmodulin-dependent (type 2B) protein phosphataseM Gaestel
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Federal Republic of Germany
J Biol Chem 267:21607-11. 1992....
- The growth-related protein P23 of the Ehrlich ascites tumor: translational control, cloning and primary structureH Bohm
Academy of Sciences of the GDR, Central Institute of Molecular Biology, Berlin Buch
Biochem Int 19:277-86. 1989..T., Makrides, S., Bandyopadhyay, R., and Brawerman, G. (1988) Nucleic Acids Res. 16, 2350)...
- Molecular cloning, sequencing and expression in Escherichia coli of the 25-kDa growth-related protein of Ehrlich ascites tumor and its homology to mammalian stress proteinsM Gaestel
Central Institute of Molecular Biology, Academy of Science of German Democratic Republic, Berlin Buch
Eur J Biochem 179:209-13. 1989..From the results obtained, it is concluded that p25 is a mammalian stress protein, the abundance of which is related to growth characteristics of the Ehrlich ascites tumor...
- Defined sequence segments of the small heat shock proteins HSP25 and alphaB-crystallin inhibit actin polymerizationM Wieske
, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Biochem 268:2083-90. 2001..The results suggest that both HSP25 and alphaB-crystallin have the potential to inhibit actin polymerization and that this activity is regulated by phosphorylation...