Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Correlation of patient-reported outcomes of sedation and sedation assessment scores in critically ill patientsNeal Benedict
University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 Electronic address
J Crit Care 29:1132.e5-9. 2014..Patient-reported outcomes (PROs) are recommended as indicators of quality in the intensive care unit. We studied the correlation between PROs of sedation quality and a universal sedation assessment scale in critically ill patients...
- Sitaxsentan in the management of pulmonary arterial hypertensionNeal J Benedict
Department of Pharmacy and Therapeutics, School of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 64:363-8. 2007....
- Evidence-based pharmacologic management of pulmonary arterial hypertensionNeal Benedict
Department of Pharmacy and Therapeutics, University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Clin Ther 29:2134-53. 2007..Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) is a debilitating chronic disorder of the pulmonary vasculature characterized by elevated mean pulmonary arterial pressure, right-sided heart failure, and early mortality...
- Virtual patients and problem-based learning in advanced therapeuticsNeal Benedict
University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 74:143. 2010..To enhance student learning of a complex therapeutic concept through the incorporation of 2 case-based, active-learning strategies with lecture in a required advanced therapeutics course...
- Patient simulation software to augment an advanced pharmaceutics courseNeal Benedict
Am J Pharm Educ 75:21. 2011..To implement and assess the effectiveness of adding a pharmaceutical care simulation program to an advanced therapeutics course...
- Pharmacy student response to patient-simulation mannequins to teach performance-based pharmacotherapeuticsAmy L Seybert
University of Pittsburgh, School of Pharmacy, Pittsburgh, Penn, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 70:48. 2006..To design and implement a simulated patient-case assessment using a mannequin for critical care pharmacotherapeutic education of doctor of pharmacy students and to evaluate student satisfaction with the simulation...
- Grading the severity of drug-drug interactions in the intensive care unit: a comparison between clinician assessment and proprietary database severity rankingsPamela L Smithburger
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 44:1718-24. 2010..A DDI alert system based on severity rankings has been shown to reduce alert fatigue; however, the best method to populate this type of database is unclear...
- Promotion of self-directed learning using virtual patient casesNeal Benedict
School of Pharmacy, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Am J Pharm Educ 77:151. 2013..To assess the effectiveness of virtual patient cases to promote self-directed learning (SDL) in a required advanced therapeutics course...