Affiliation: University of Louisville
- Reassessing the clinical significance of chorionic membrane microcysts and linear necrosisRobert W Bendon
Department of Pathology, Kosair Children s Hospital, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 15:213-6. 2012..We suggest caution in the interpretation of these findings, to avoid overdiagnosing ischemia or other pathologic processes...
- Nosology: infarction hematoma, a placental infarction encasing a hematomaRobert W Bendon
Department of Pathology, University of Louisville, Kosair Childrens Hospital, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Hum Pathol 43:761-3. 2012..The mothers have a history of multiple fetal losses, eclampsia/preeclampsia, and at least 1 case of documented recurrence. A distinct name is proposed for this lesion, infarction hematoma, which would help clarify further studies...
- Stillbirth due to placental hypoperfusion after salpingo-oophorectomy for an ovarian cystRobert W Bendon
Kosair Children s Hospital, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Obstet Gynecol 110:482-4. 2007..Gravid oophorectomy past mid-pregnancy may be necessary, but the alterations of blood flow to supply the placenta may present risks to the mother and fetus...
- Perinatal autopsy findings in three cases of jugular lymphatic obstruction sequence and cardiac polyvalvular dysplasiaRobert Bendon
Department of Pathology, University of Louisville, Kosair Children s Hospital, 231 East Chestnut Street, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 11:133-7. 2008..Detailed anatomy of cases of lymphatic obstruction sequence fetuses can be correlated with an increasing number of genetic mutations associated with Noonan's syndrome and related syndromes in mice and humans...
- Review of autopsies of stillborn infants with retroplacental hematoma or hemorrhageRobert W Bendon
Department of Pathology, University of Louisville, Kosair Childrens Hospital, Louisville, KY, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 14:10-5. 2011..Basal plate neutrophils are a useful early marker of retroplacental hemorrhage. Early coagulation necrosis of the placenta over RPH begins in 4 to 24 hours but is not complete after more than 24 hours...
- Developmental field defects: coming together of associations and sequences during blastogenesisJoseph H Hersh
Weisskopf Center for the Evaluation of Children, Department of Pediatrics, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Am J Med Genet 110:320-3. 2002....
- What we have learned regarding antibiotic therapy for the reduction of infant morbidity after preterm premature rupture of the membranesBrian M Mercer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Semin Perinatol 27:217-30. 2003..The use and limitations of ultrasound and vaginally collected amniotic fluid pulmonary maturity assessment are discussed...
- Articles on umbilical cord torsion and fetal deathRobert W Bendon
Pediatr Dev Pathol 10:165-6. 2007