George A Belov
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Increased long chain acyl-Coa synthetase activity and fatty acid import is linked to membrane synthesis for development of picornavirus replication organellesJules A Nchoutmboube
Virginia Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 9:e1003401. 2013....
- (+)RNA viruses rewire cellular pathways to build replication organellesGeorge A Belov
Virginia Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Curr Opin Virol 2:740-7. 2012..Collectively, these studies reveal an unexpected complexity of the spatial organization of the replication membranes and suggest that (+)RNA viruses actively change cellular membrane composition to build their replication organelles...
- Complex dynamic development of poliovirus membranous replication complexesGeorge A Belov
Virginia Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 20742, USA
J Virol 86:302-12. 2012..Thus, it is likely that there is a fundamental divergence in the requirements for the supporting cellular membrane-shaping machinery among different groups of positive-strand RNA viruses...
- A critical role of a cellular membrane traffic protein in poliovirus RNA replicationGeorge A Belov
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 4:e1000216. 2008..We identified a mutation in GBF1 that allows growth of poliovirus in the presence of BFA. Interaction between GBF1 and viral protein 3A determined the outcome of infection in the presence of BFA...
- Fluorescent fatty acid analogs as a tool to study development of the picornavirus replication organellesEkaterina G Viktorova
Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Maryland, College Park, USA
J Virol Methods 200:15-21. 2014....