Jeffrey K Belkora
Affiliation: University of California
- Patient, surgeon, and healthcare purchaser views on the use of decision and communication aids in orthopaedic surgery: a mixed methods studyKevin J Bozic
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, 500 Parnassus, MU 320W, San Francisco, CA 94143 0728, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 14:366. 2014..The purpose of this mixed-methods study was to evaluate the perceived value of decision and communication aids among different healthcare stakeholders...
- Decision support by telephone: randomized controlled trial in a rural community settingJeffrey Belkora
Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118 1944, USA
Patient Educ Couns 89:134-42. 2012..We now report on effectiveness, cost, and value of delivering CP by telephone (Tele-CP)...
- Impact of decision aids in a sustained implementation at a breast care centerJeffrey K Belkora
Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Patient Educ Couns 86:195-204. 2012..We examined the reach and impact of five decision aids (DAs) routinely distributed to breast cancer patients as part of a shared decision making demonstration project...
- Monitoring the implementation of Consultation Planning, Recording, and Summarizing in a breast care centerJeffrey K Belkora
University of California, San Francisco, United States
Patient Educ Couns 73:536-43. 2008....
- Expanding the reach of decision and communication aids in a breast care center: a quality improvement studyJeffrey K Belkora
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Patient Educ Couns 83:234-9. 2011..This quality improvement study aimed to expand reach of these supportive materials and services with budget-neutral program changes...
- Implementing decision and communication aids to facilitate patient-centered care in breast cancer: a case studyJeffrey K Belkora
University of California, San Francisco, CA, United States
Patient Educ Couns 77:360-8. 2009..Decision Services (DS) provide support for breast cancer patients at the University of California, San Francisco to help ensure patient-centered care...
- Do patients use decision and communication aids as prompted when meeting with breast cancer specialists?Shelley Volz
Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco, NC, USA
Health Expect 18:379-91. 2015..Of those 462 visitors, 267 (58%) received coaching. For the remainder (195 or 42%), the best we could do was prompt them to self-administer the DA and CAs...
- Oncologist use of the Adjuvant! model for risk communication: a pilot study examining patient knowledge of 10-year prognosisJeffrey K Belkora
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
BMC Cancer 9:127. 2009..We hypothesized that Adjuvant! printouts would be associated with significant changes in the proportion of patients with accurate understanding of local therapy prognosis...