Affiliation: University of California
- Risk communication with patients with breast cancer: cautionary notes about printing Adjuvant! estimatesJeffrey Belkora
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA jeff
Lancet Oncol 9:602-3. 2008
- Decision support by telephone: randomized controlled trial in a rural community settingJeffrey Belkora
Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118 1944, USA
Patient Educ Couns 89:134-42. 2012..We now report on effectiveness, cost, and value of delivering CP by telephone (Tele-CP)...
- Patient and observer ratings of physician shared decision making behaviors in breast cancer consultationsMargot Pass
Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Patient Educ Couns 88:93-9. 2012..Explore the validity of using patient reports to measure shared decision making (SDM)...
- Using the critical incident technique in community-based participatory research: a case studyJeffrey Belkora
Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Prog Community Health Partnersh 5:443-51. 2011..The primary study for this paper took place in rural, Northern California. Collaborative partners included an academic researcher and two community based resource centers that provide supportive services to people diagnosed with cancer...
- Assessing risk communication in breast cancer: are continuous measures of patient knowledge better than categorical?Jeffrey Belkora
University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118, United States
Patient Educ Couns 76:106-12. 2009..To compare the performance of categorical and continuous measures of patient knowledge in the context of risk communication about breast cancer, in terms of statistical and clinical significance as well as efficiency...
- Consultation support for rural women with breast cancer: results of a community-based participatory research studyLauren Franklin
University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118 1944, USA
Patient Educ Couns 80:80-7. 2010..This study asked: (1) What do rural women with breast cancer need to make the most out of their major medical appointments? and (2) What can the community resource centers do to best support those needs?..