Affiliation: University of California
- Measuring decision quality: psychometric evaluation of a new instrument for breast cancer chemotherapyClara N Lee
Department of Surgery, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Sheps Center for Health Services Research, University of North Carolina, UNC Plastic Surgery CB 7195, 27599 7195 Chapel Hill, NC, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 14:73. 2014..We developed a decision quality instrument for chemotherapy for early stage breast cancer and sought to evaluate its performance...
- Measuring decision quality: psychometric evaluation of a new instrument for breast cancer surgeryKaren R Sepucha
General Medicine Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 12:51. 2012..The purpose of this paper is to examine the acceptability, feasibility, reliability and validity of a new decision quality instrument that assesses the extent to which patients are informed and receive treatments that match their goals...
- Expanding the reach of decision and communication aids in a breast care center: a quality improvement studyJeffrey K Belkora
University of California, San Francisco, USA
Patient Educ Couns 83:234-9. 2011..This quality improvement study aimed to expand reach of these supportive materials and services with budget-neutral program changes...
- Evaluation of a visit preparation intervention implemented in two rural, underserved counties of Northern CaliforniaJeffrey Belkora
University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, CA 94115, USA
Patient Educ Couns 64:350-9. 2006..Evaluate satisfaction with visit preparation at three rural resource center sites...
- Implementing decision and communication aids to facilitate patient-centered care in breast cancer: a case studyJeffrey K Belkora
University of California, San Francisco, CA, United States
Patient Educ Couns 77:360-8. 2009..Decision Services (DS) provide support for breast cancer patients at the University of California, San Francisco to help ensure patient-centered care...
- Adaptation of consultation planning for Native American and Latina women with breast cancerJeffrey Belkora
Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94118 1944, USA
J Rural Health 25:384-7. 2009..Resource centers in rural, underserved areas are implementing Consultation Planning (CP) to help women with breast cancer create a question list before a doctor visit...
- Oncologist use of the Adjuvant! model for risk communication: a pilot study examining patient knowledge of 10-year prognosisJeffrey K Belkora
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
BMC Cancer 9:127. 2009..We hypothesized that Adjuvant! printouts would be associated with significant changes in the proportion of patients with accurate understanding of local therapy prognosis...
- Assessing risk communication in breast cancer: are continuous measures of patient knowledge better than categorical?Jeffrey Belkora
University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118, United States
Patient Educ Couns 76:106-12. 2009..To compare the performance of categorical and continuous measures of patient knowledge in the context of risk communication about breast cancer, in terms of statistical and clinical significance as well as efficiency...
- Monitoring the implementation of Consultation Planning, Recording, and Summarizing in a breast care centerJeffrey K Belkora
University of California, San Francisco, United States
Patient Educ Couns 73:536-43. 2008....
- Decision support by telephone: randomized controlled trial in a rural community settingJeffrey Belkora
Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118 1944, USA
Patient Educ Couns 89:134-42. 2012..We now report on effectiveness, cost, and value of delivering CP by telephone (Tele-CP)...
- Consultation support for rural women with breast cancer: results of a community-based participatory research studyLauren Franklin
University of California, San Francisco, CA 94118 1944, USA
Patient Educ Couns 80:80-7. 2010..This study asked: (1) What do rural women with breast cancer need to make the most out of their major medical appointments? and (2) What can the community resource centers do to best support those needs?..
- Patient and observer ratings of physician shared decision making behaviors in breast cancer consultationsMargot Pass
Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Patient Educ Couns 88:93-9. 2012..Explore the validity of using patient reports to measure shared decision making (SDM)...
- Shared decision making in patients with osteoarthritis of the hip and knee: results of a randomized controlled trialKevin J Bozic
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, 500 Parnassus Avenue, MU 320W, San Francisco, CA 94143 0728 E mail address for K J Bozic
J Bone Joint Surg Am 95:1633-9. 2013....
- Using the critical incident technique in community-based participatory research: a case studyJeffrey Belkora
Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Prog Community Health Partnersh 5:443-51. 2011..The primary study for this paper took place in rural, Northern California. Collaborative partners included an academic researcher and two community based resource centers that provide supportive services to people diagnosed with cancer...
- Risk communication with patients with breast cancer: cautionary notes about printing Adjuvant! estimatesJeffrey Belkora
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA jeff
Lancet Oncol 9:602-3. 2008