Affiliation: University of California
- Staff-only pediatric hospitalist care of patients with medically complex subspecialty conditions in a major teaching hospitalArpi Bekmezian
Division of General Pediatrics, Mattel Children s Hospital, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Marion Davis Children s Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1752, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 162:975-80. 2008..To assess cost and length of stay for subspecialty patients on a staff-only general pediatric hospitalist service vs traditional faculty/housestaff subspecialty services in a major teaching hospital...
- Boarding admitted children in the emergency department impacts inpatient outcomesArpi Bekmezian
Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0110, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 28:236-42. 2012..This study aimed to assess the relationship between boarding of admitted children in the emergency department (ED) and cost, inpatient length of stay (LOS), mortality, and readmission...
- Standardized admission order set improves perceived quality of pediatric inpatient careArpi Bekmezian
Division of General Pediatrics, Mattel Children s Hospital, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 94143 0110, USA
J Hosp Med 4:90-6. 2009..Few studies exist on the ability of standardized preprinted order forms to improve patient care...
- Pediatric emergency departments are more likely than general emergency departments to treat asthma exacerbation with systemic corticosteroidsArpi Bekmezian
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0110, USA
J Asthma 48:69-74. 2011....
- Factors associated with prolonged emergency department length of stay for admitted childrenArpi Bekmezian
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 27:110-5. 2011..To estimate the prevalence of and to identify factors associated with prolonged emergency department length-of-stay (ED-LOS) for admitted children...