Affiliation: University of California
- Staff-only pediatric hospitalist care of patients with medically complex subspecialty conditions in a major teaching hospitalArpi Bekmezian
Division of General Pediatrics, Mattel Children s Hospital, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Marion Davis Children s Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1752, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 162:975-80. 2008..To assess cost and length of stay for subspecialty patients on a staff-only general pediatric hospitalist service vs traditional faculty/housestaff subspecialty services in a major teaching hospital...
- Boarding admitted children in the emergency department impacts inpatient outcomesArpi Bekmezian
Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0110, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 28:236-42. 2012..This study aimed to assess the relationship between boarding of admitted children in the emergency department (ED) and cost, inpatient length of stay (LOS), mortality, and readmission...
- Standardized admission order set improves perceived quality of pediatric inpatient careArpi Bekmezian
Division of General Pediatrics, Mattel Children s Hospital, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 94143 0110, USA
J Hosp Med 4:90-6. 2009..Few studies exist on the ability of standardized preprinted order forms to improve patient care...
- Pediatric emergency departments are more likely than general emergency departments to treat asthma exacerbation with systemic corticosteroidsArpi Bekmezian
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0110, USA
J Asthma 48:69-74. 2011....
- Factors associated with prolonged emergency department length of stay for admitted childrenArpi Bekmezian
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 27:110-5. 2011..To estimate the prevalence of and to identify factors associated with prolonged emergency department length-of-stay (ED-LOS) for admitted children...
- Emergency department crowding and younger age are associated with delayed corticosteroid administration to children with acute asthmaArpi Bekmezian
From the Departments of Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, School of Dentistry, and Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
Pediatr Emerg Care 29:1075-81. 2013..This study aimed to identify factors associated with delayed or omission of indicated steroids for children seen in the emergency department (ED) for moderate-to-severe asthma exacerbation...
- Pediatric hospitalist research productivity: predictors of success at presenting abstracts and publishing peer-reviewed manuscripts among pediatric hospitalistsRonald J Teufel
Department of Pediatrics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29401, USA
Hosp Pediatr 2:149-60. 2012..To identify factors associated with research productivity among pediatric hospitalists...
- Research needs of pediatric hospitalistsArpi Bekmezian
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA
Hosp Pediatr 1:38-44. 2011..To assess the current state of research productivity, goals, obstacles, and needs of pediatric hospitalists...