Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Comparative effectiveness research designs: an analysis of terms and coverage in Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) and EmtreeTanja Bekhuis
Assistant Professor, Department of Biomedical Informatics, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, 5607 Baum Boulevard, Room 514, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
J Med Libr Assoc 101:92-100. 2013....
- Screening nonrandomized studies for medical systematic reviews: a comparative study of classifiersTanja Bekhuis
Department of Biomedical Informatics, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Artif Intell Med 55:197-207. 2012....
- Towards automating the initial screening phase of a systematic reviewTanja Bekhuis
Center for Dental Informatics, School of Dental Medicine, Department of Biomedical Informatics, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 160:146-50. 2010..Because near-perfect recall is essential in this context, we conclude that supervised machine learning methods may be useful for reducing workload under certain conditions...
- Using natural language processing to enable in-depth analysis of clinical messages posted to an Internet mailing list: a feasibility studyTanja Bekhuis
Department of Biomedical Informatics, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, United States tcb24 at pitt edu
J Med Internet Res 13:e98. 2011..However, a necessary first step involves developing procedures to identify messages that are worth studying given our resources for planned, labor-intensive research...
- Barriers to implementing evidence-based clinical guidelines: a survey of early adoptersHeiko Spallek
Center for Dental Informatics, Department of Dental Public Health and Information Management, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Evid Based Dent Pract 10:195-206. 2010..The purpose of this study was to identify barriers that early-adopting dentists perceive as common and challenging when implementing recommendations from evidence-based (EB) clinical guidelines...