Affiliation: University of Rochester
- Adenosine A1 receptors mediate local anti-nociceptive effects of acupunctureNanna Goldman
Center for Translational Neuromedicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
Nat Neurosci 13:883-8. 2010..These observations indicate that adenosine mediates the effects of acupuncture and that interfering with adenosine metabolism may prolong the clinical benefit of acupuncture...
- Adenosine is crucial for deep brain stimulation-mediated attenuation of tremorLane Bekar
Division of Glial Disease and Therapeutics, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Nat Med 14:75-80. 2008....
- Astrocytes modulate neural network activity by Ca²+-dependent uptake of extracellular K+Fushun Wang
Division of Glia Disease and Therapeutics, Center for Translational Neuromedicine, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Rochester Medical School, Rochester, NY 14640, USA
Sci Signal 5:ra26. 2012..Active control of the extracellular K+ concentration thus provides astrocytes with a simple yet powerful mechanism to rapidly modulate network activity...
- Forebrain engraftment by human glial progenitor cells enhances synaptic plasticity and learning in adult miceXiaoning Han
Center for Translational Neuromedicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Cell Stem Cell 12:342-53. 2013..Mice allografted with murine GPCs showed no enhancement of either LTP or learning. These findings indicate that human glia differentially enhance both activity-dependent plasticity and learning in mice...
- Systemic administration of an antagonist of the ATP-sensitive receptor P2X7 improves recovery after spinal cord injuryWeiguo Peng
Department of Neurosurgery, Division of Glial Disease and Therapeutics, Center for Translational Neuromedicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:12489-93. 2009..1), which crosses the blood-brain barrier. Systemic administration of BBG may thus comprise a readily feasible approach by which to treat traumatic SCI in humans...
- Imaging of cortical astrocytes using 2-photon laser scanning microscopy in the intact mouse brainGuo Feng Tian
Center for Aging and Developmental Biology, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Adv Drug Deliv Rev 58:773-87. 2006....