Rinad S Beidas
Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Policy to implementation: evidence-based practice in community mental health--study protocolRinad S Beidas
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Implement Sci 8:38. 2013..A systems transformation about to occur in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, offers an important opportunity to prospectively study implementation in response to a policy mandate...
- Training and consultation to promote implementation of an empirically supported treatment: a randomized trialRinad S Beidas
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, 3535 Market St, Room 3015, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Psychiatr Serv 63:660-5. 2012..After training, all participants received three months of ongoing consultation that included case consultation, didactics, and problem solving...
- Contextual factors and anxiety in minority and European American youth presenting for treatment across two urban university clinicsRinad S Beidas
University of Pennsylvania, Department of Psychiatry, Philadelphia, PA 19104, United States
J Anxiety Disord 26:544-54. 2012..Ethnicity and neighborhood context appear to have an additive influence on internalizing symptoms in clinically-referred anxious youth. Implications for evidence-based treatments are discussed...
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder in youth: diagnostic considerationsCourtney L Benjamin
Department of Psychology, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
Depress Anxiety 28:173-82. 2011..This study examined the multiple domains that optimally distinguish (1) GAD youth from nonanxiety-disordered youth and (2) GAD youth from other anxiety-disordered youth...
- Patterns and predictors of subjective units of distress in anxious youthCourtney L Benjamin
Department of Psychology, Temple University, 1701 N 13th Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
Behav Cogn Psychother 38:497-504. 2010..Subjective Units of Distress Scale (SUDS) ratings are commonly used during exposure tasks in cognitive behavioral treatment (CBT) for anxiety...
- Children and terrorism-related news: training parents in Coping and Media LiteracyJonathan S Comer
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University NYSPI, Division of Child Psychiatry, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 76:568-78. 2008..Implications and research suggestions are discussed...
- Youth anxiety and parent factors over time: directionality of change among youth treated for anxietyCara A Settipani
Department of Psychology, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 42:9-21. 2013..Furthermore, results indicate that changes in child anxiety may precede changes in parent factors and suggest that parental psychological control and affective involvement are important treatment targets for youth with anxiety disorders...
- The intolerance of uncertainty scale for children: a psychometric evaluationJonathan S Comer
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Psychol Assess 21:402-11. 2009..Findings provide preliminary support for use of the IUSC for continuous measurement of children's ability to tolerate uncertainty...
- Training research: practical recommendations for maximum impactRinad S Beidas
Department of Psychology, Temple University, Weiss Hall, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 38:223-37. 2011..An example demonstrates the implementation of these recommendations...