Affiliation: University of Washington
- Retrospective comparison of clofarabine versus fludarabine in combination with high-dose cytarabine with or without granulocyte colony-stimulating factor as salvage therapies for acute myeloid leukemiaPamela S Becker
Divisions of Hematology and Medical Oncology, University of Washington, USA
Haematologica 98:114-8. 2013..43, P=0.0002). Despite the retrospective nature of the analyses, GCLAC may be superior to FA/FLAG, particularly in patients with short duration of first complete remission or unfavorable cytogenetics...
- Dependence of acute myeloid leukemia on adhesion within the bone marrow microenvironmentPamela S Becker
Division of Hematology, Institute for Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, University of Washington, Campus Box 358056, 815 Mercer Street N415, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:856467. 2012..Detachment of these cells from the bone marrow in combination with chemotherapy may improve the outcome of therapy for AML...
- Clofarabine with high dose cytarabine and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) priming for relapsed and refractory acute myeloid leukaemiaPamela S Becker
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Br J Haematol 155:182-9. 2011..GCLAC is highly active in relapsed and refractory AML and warrants prospective comparison to other regimens, as well as study in untreated patients...
- Preclinical correction of human Fanconi anemia complementation group A bone marrow cells using a safety-modified lentiviral vectorP S Becker
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, 815 Mercer Street, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Gene Ther 17:1244-52. 2010..007), and increased survival. Thus, combining short transduction and reducing oxidative stress may enhance the viability and engraftment of gene-corrected cells in patients with FANCA...
- Very late antigen-4 function of myeloblasts correlates with improved overall survival for patients with acute myeloid leukemiaPamela S Becker
Division of Hematology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Blood 113:866-74. 2009..Adhesion and migratory properties of AML blasts thus appear to influence chemosensitivity and therefore may be therapeutic targets...
- Growth factor priming in therapy of acute myelogenous leukemiaPamela S Becker
Division of Hematology, 1959 NE Pacific St, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Curr Hematol Rep 3:413-8. 2004....
- The current status of gene therapy in autologous transplantationPamela S Becker
University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Acta Haematol 114:188-97. 2005..Despite the slow progress of the field to date, there is extraordinary promise for gene therapy in the future...
- Hematopoietic stem cell gene therapy for inherited bone marrow disorders: past accomplishments and continued challengesPamela S Becker
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01655, USA
J Cell Biochem Suppl 38:55-64. 2002....
- A specific heptapeptide from a phage display peptide library homes to bone marrow and binds to primitive hematopoietic stem cellsGrzegorz S Nowakowski
Division of Gene Therapy, Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
Stem Cells 22:1030-8. 2004....
- Adhesion receptor expression by CD34+ cells from peripheral blood or bone marrow grafts: correlation with time to engraftmentJack Gold
Department of Mathematics, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA, USA
Exp Hematol 34:680-7. 2006..05). CONCLUSION: These data suggest that upregulation of specific adhesion receptors or selection of certain cell populations could result in earlier blood cell recovery after transplant...
- Autologous stem-cell transplantation can be performed safely without the use of blood-product supportKaren K Ballen
Division of Hematology Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 100 Blossom St, Cox 640, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Clin Oncol 22:4087-94. 2004..Most transplants require RBC and platelet support. We report the ability to perform autologous transplantation without blood-product support...
- Stem cells and prenatal origin of breast cancerInkyung Baik
Cancer Research Center and Department of Cancer Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Cancer Causes Control 15:517-30. 2004..We conclude by outlining a feasible population-based study that measures stem cell potential to explore mechanisms mediating the relation between in utero exposure to pregnancy hormones and breast cancer risk in the offspring...
- Marrow stem cells shift gene expression and engraftment phenotype with cell cycle transitJean-Francois Lambert
Department of Research, Roger Williams Medical Center, 825 Chalkstone Ave, Providence, RI 02908, USA
J Exp Med 197:1563-72. 2003..These observations suggest stem cell gene expression shifts through cell cycle in relation to cell cycle related alterations of stem cell phenotype. The engraftment defect is related to a major phenotypic change of the stem cell...
- Low-dose total body irradiation followed by allogeneic lymphocyte infusion may induce remission in patients with refractory hematologic malignancyKaren K Ballen
Cancer Center and Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Memorial Health Care, Worcester, MA, USA
Blood 100:442-50. 2002..Low-dose TBI and allogeneic lymphocyte infusion may induce remission in patients with refractory hematologic malignancy...
- Association of fetal hormone levels with stem cell potential: evidence for early life roots of human cancerInkyung Baik
Cancer Research Center and Department of Cancer Biology, ILAT Steroid RIA Laboratory, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worchester, MA 01605, USA
Cancer Res 65:358-63. 2005....