Mary S Beattie
Affiliation: University of California
- Common variants at 12p11, 12q24, 9p21, 9q31.2 and in ZNF365 are associated with breast cancer risk for BRCA1 and/or BRCA2 mutation carriersAntonis C Antoniou
Centre for Cancer Genetic Epidemiology, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, Worts Causeway, Cambridge CB1 8RN, UK
Breast Cancer Res 14:R33. 2012..2)...
- Common breast cancer susceptibility alleles are associated with tumour subtypes in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers: results from the Consortium of Investigators of Modifiers of BRCA1/2Anna Marie Mulligan
Centre for Cancer Genetic Epidemiology, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, 2 Worts Causeway, Cambridge, CB1 8RN, UK
Breast Cancer Res 13:R110. 2011..It is currently unknown how these alleles are associated with different breast cancer subtypes in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers defined by estrogen (ER) or progesterone receptor (PR) status of the tumour...
- A Pilot study of the Sharing Risk Information Tool (ShaRIT) for Families with Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer SyndromeAni Kardashian
University of California San Francisco Cancer Risk Program, 94115 San Francisco, CA, USA
Hered Cancer Clin Pract 10:4. 2012..abstract:..
- Pharmacogenetic testing affects choice of therapy among women considering tamoxifen treatmentWendy Lorizio
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, 1545 Divisadero Street, Suite 322, San Francisco, CA 94143 0320, USA
Genome Med 3:64. 2011..We evaluated the effect of CYP2D6 testing in clinical practice to determine whether genotype results affected choice of hormone therapy in a prospective cohort study...
- Endogenous sex hormones, breast cancer risk, and tamoxifen response: an ancillary study in the NSABP Breast Cancer Prevention Trial (P-1)Mary S Beattie
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:110-5. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine whether sex hormone levels were associated with breast cancer risk and with response to tamoxifen in a high-risk population...
- Uptake, time course, and predictors of risk-reducing surgeries in BRCA carriersMary S Beattie
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 13:51-6. 2009..This study aims to determine the uptake, time course, and predictors of risk-reducing mastectomy (RRM) and risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy (RRSO) in BRCA carriers...
- Ovarian cancer susceptibility alleles and risk of ovarian cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriersSusan J Ramus
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, California, USA
Hum Mutat 33:690-702. 2012..The identification of multiple loci modifying ovarian cancer risk may be useful for counseling women with BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations regarding their risk of ovarian cancer...
- Prevalence and characteristics of pancreatic cancer in families with BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutationsDaniel H Kim
School of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Fam Cancer 8:153-8. 2009..0014 for BRCA1 and P = 0.011 for BRCA2 by unpaired t-test). Our findings suggest that families with early onset pancreatic cancer and features of hereditary breast and ovarian cancer should be considered for BRCA1/2 testing...
- Eligibility criteria in private and public coverage policies for BRCA genetic testing and genetic counselingGrace Wang
Center for Translational and Policy Research on Personalized Medicine TRANSPERS, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Genet Med 13:1045-50. 2011..We compared these policies with policies for breast cancer screening with magnetic resonance imaging to consider whether payers apply a unique policy approach to genetic services...
- Pre-counseling education for low literacy women at risk of Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer (HBOC): patient experiences using the Cancer Risk Education Intervention Tool (CREdIT)Galen Joseph
Department of Anthropology, History, and Social Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0128, USA
J Genet Couns 19:447-62. 2010..In addition, the implementation of CREdIT in diverse clinical settings and the cultural adaptation of CREdIT to specific populations reflect important areas for future work...
- Comparison of methods to measure low serum estradiol levels in postmenopausal womenJennifer S Lee
San Francisco Coordinating Center, California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:3791-7. 2006..Accurate measurement of low serum estradiol (E(2) < 30 pg/ml or < 110 pmol/liter) is needed to study relationships between endogenous E(2) and risks of diseases in older women...
- Risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy and ovarian cancer screening in 1077 women after BRCA testingGabriel N Mannis
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Ave, Room M1286, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
JAMA Intern Med 173:96-103. 2013..We surveyed a large cohort of women after BRCA testing to identify the prevalence and posttest predictors of risk-reducing and screening interventions...
- Clinical and biomarker predictors of side effects from tamoxifenWendy Lorizio
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 132:1107-18. 2012..The association between endoxifen levels and side effects is consistent with the data that suggest that endoxifen is the most highly active metabolite of tamoxifen...
- Fecal incontinence in females older than aged 40 years: who is at risk?Madhulika G Varma
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 49:841-51. 2006..This study was designed to estimate the prevalence of, and identify risk factors associated with, fecal incontinence in racially diverse females older than aged 40 years...
- Association of statin use and development and progression of hip osteoarthritis in elderly womenMary S Beattie
Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Rheumatol 32:106-10. 2005..To examine the association between use of HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (statin) and development and progression of radiographic findings of hip osteoarthritis (OA) in elderly women...
- C-reactive protein and ischemia in users and nonusers of beta-blockers and statins: data from the Heart and Soul StudyMary S Beattie
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Circulation 107:245-50. 2003..Elevated levels of C-reactive protein (CRP) are associated with an increased risk of coronary events, but whether inflammation is associated with inducible ischemia in patients with stable coronary disease is unknown...