Craig A Beam
Affiliation: University of South Florida
- Association of volume and volume-independent factors with accuracy in screening mammogram interpretationCraig A Beam
Department of Radiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:282-90. 2003..We thus investigated whether reading volume and other factors were independently associated with accuracy in reading screening mammograms in a population of U.S. radiologists...
- Evaluation of proscriptive health care policy implementation in screening mammographyCraig A Beam
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, FL 33612 9497, USA
Radiology 229:534-40. 2003..To evaluate the potential effect of proscriptive health care policies directed toward improving screening mammogram interpretation in the United States...
- Development of autoantibodies in the TrialNet Natural History StudyKendra Vehik
University of South Florida, Pediatrics Epidemiology Center, Tampa, FL, USA
Diabetes Care 34:1897-901. 2011....
- Prognostic accuracy of immunologic and metabolic markers for type 1 diabetes in a high-risk population: receiver operating characteristic analysisPing Xu
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, USA
Diabetes Care 35:1975-80. 2012..To establish and compare the prognostic accuracy of immunologic and metabolic markers in predicting onset of type 1 diabetes in those with high risk in a prospective study...
- Factors affecting radiologist inconsistency in screening mammographyCraig A Beam
Department of Radiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Acad Radiol 9:531-40. 2002..The authors' population-based method provides an objective metric to measure case difficulty and basis from which to identify difficult cases for targeted training...
- Correlation of radiologist rank as a measure of skill in screening and diagnostic interpretation of mammogramsCraig A Beam
Biostatistics Core, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, Fla, USA
Radiology 238:446-53. 2006..Thus, proficiency in one area does not guarantee proficiency in the other area for some radiologists...
- Performance of HbA1c as an early diagnostic indicator of type 1 diabetes in children and youthKendra Vehik
Department of Pediatrics, Morsani College of Medicine, Universityof South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
Diabetes Care 35:1821-5. 2012..The aim of this study was to evaluate HbA(1c) as an alternative criterion for impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) or type 1 diabetes (T1D) in high-risk subjects <21 years of age...
- Perceptually based FROC analysisRachna Arora
Biostatistics Core, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, 12902 Magnolia Drive, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Acad Radiol 12:1567-74. 2005..In this report, we introduce an alternative method that uses the visual scan path of the reader to segment the image. We evaluate the new method by applying it to data from a mammography reading experiment...
- Islet autoantibody seroconversion in the DPT-1 study: justification for repeat screening throughout childhoodKendra Vehik
Pediatrics Epidemiology Center, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, USA
Diabetes Care 34:358-62. 2011..Our aim was to determine the timing of seroconversion to diabetes-associated autoantibody (DAA) positivity and risk in first- and second-degree relatives of patients with type 1 diabetes...
- Activation of stat3 in primary tumors from high-risk breast cancer patients is associated with elevated levels of activated SRC and survivin expressionNills Diaz
Pathology, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:20-8. 2006..Furthermore, elevated Stat3 activity correlates inversely with complete pathologic response. These findings suggest that specific Stat3 or Src inhibitors could offer clinical benefits to patients with breast cancer...
- Persistent activation of stat3 signaling induces survivin gene expression and confers resistance to apoptosis in human breast cancer cellsTanya Gritsko
Molecular Oncology, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:11-9. 2006..Our findings suggest that activated Stat3 signaling contributes to breast cancer progression and resistance to chemotherapy by, at least in part, inducing expression of the antiapoptotic protein, Survivin...
- Reader variability in mammography and its implications for expected utility over the population of readers and casesRobert F Wagner
Office of Science and Technology, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Med Decis Making 24:561-72. 2004..Second, it is possible that computer-assisted modalities for mammography may lead to improvements in the expected utility function not only for screening but also in the diagnostic context, especially for the lower performing readers...
- Does training in the Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System (BI-RADS) improve biopsy recommendations or feature analysis agreement with experienced breast imagers at mammography?Wendie A Berg
Dept of Radiology, Univ of Maryland, 419 W Redwood St, Ste 110, Baltimore 21201, USA
Radiology 224:871-80. 2002....
- The place of medical image perception in 21st-century health careCraig A Beam
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Am Coll Radiol 3:409-12. 2006..The increased funding of medical image perception and interpretation research could lead to important improvements in overall health care thanks to the pervasive and vital role imaging plays in modern medicine...