R Barker Bausell
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Commentary: alternative medicine: is it a reflection of the continued emergence of the biopsychosocial paradigm?R Barker Bausell
Complementary Medicine Program, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Kernan Hospital Mansion, 2200 Kernan Drive, Baltimore, MD 21207, USA
Am J Med Qual 17:28-32. 2002....
- Larger effect sizes were associated with higher quality ratings in complementary and alternative medicine randomized controlled trialsR Barker Bausell
University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 57:438-46. 2004....
- Safety and efficacy of S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe) for osteoarthritisKaren L Soeken
University of Maryland, School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Fam Pract 51:425-30. 2002..We assessed the efficacy of S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe), a dietary supplement now available in the Unites States, compared with that of placebo or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in the treatment of osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Is acupuncture analgesia an expectancy effect? Preliminary evidence based on participants' perceived assignments in two placebo-controlled trialsR Barker Bausell
University of Maryland School of Nursing, USA
Eval Health Prof 28:9-26. 2005..These results also support the importance of both employing credible controls for the placebo effect in clinical trials and evaluating the credibility of those controls...
- Use and referral patterns for 22 complementary and alternative medical therapies by members of the American College of Rheumatology: results of a national surveyBrian M Berman
Complementary Medicine Program, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Kernan Hospital Mansion, 2200 Kernan Dr, Baltimore, MD 21207, USA
Arch Intern Med 162:766-70. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: These results provide potentially important preliminary data regarding rheumatologists' responses to dramatic increases in the use of CAM therapies among their patients...
- Quality of reporting randomized controlled trials (RCTs) in the nursing literature: application of the consolidated standards of reporting trials (CONSORT)Barbara A Smith
University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201 1579, USA
Nurs Outlook 56:31-37. 2008..The profession may also wish to explore the use or development of standards similar to CONSORT but ones more appropriate for the types of research typical of that published by nurse scientists...