R B Bausell
Affiliation: University of Maryland
- Demographic and health-related correlates to visits to complementary and alternative medical providersR B Bausell
University of Maryland, School of Medicine, Complementary Medicine Program, Baltimore 21207, USA
Med Care 39:190-6. 2001..The objective of this study was to ascertain the extent to which demographic and health-related variables are related to visits to a complementary or alternative medicine (CAM) practitioner...
- Commentary: alternative medicine: is it a reflection of the continued emergence of the biopsychosocial paradigm?R Barker Bausell
Complementary Medicine Program, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Kernan Hospital Mansion, 2200 Kernan Drive, Baltimore, MD 21207, USA
Am J Med Qual 17:28-32. 2002....
- The growth of health-related meta-analyses published from 1980 to 2000W L Lee
University of Maryland School of Medicine, USA
Eval Health Prof 24:327-35. 2001..The data showed a definitive upward (and generally linear) trend across time with no evidence for this genre of research either leveling off or decreasing...
- Quality of reporting randomized controlled trials (RCTs) in the nursing literature: application of the consolidated standards of reporting trials (CONSORT)Barbara A Smith
University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201 1579, USA
Nurs Outlook 56:31-37. 2008..The profession may also wish to explore the use or development of standards similar to CONSORT but ones more appropriate for the types of research typical of that published by nurse scientists...
- Use and referral patterns for 22 complementary and alternative medical therapies by members of the American College of Rheumatology: results of a national surveyBrian M Berman
Complementary Medicine Program, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Kernan Hospital Mansion, 2200 Kernan Dr, Baltimore, MD 21207, USA
Arch Intern Med 162:766-70. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: These results provide potentially important preliminary data regarding rheumatologists' responses to dramatic increases in the use of CAM therapies among their patients...
- Safety and efficacy of S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe) for osteoarthritisKaren L Soeken
University of Maryland, School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Fam Pract 51:425-30. 2002..We assessed the efficacy of S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe), a dietary supplement now available in the Unites States, compared with that of placebo or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in the treatment of osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Larger effect sizes were associated with higher quality ratings in complementary and alternative medicine randomized controlled trialsR Barker Bausell
University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 57:438-46. 2004....
- Introduction to the second international translation special issueR Barker Bausell
Eval Health Prof 31:243-4. 2008